Creating the perfect Turkey Recipe is easy only if you have the right tools, the right seasoning blend, and the perfect bird size.
Whether you are an experienced chef or home cook, you will always need a refresher course when roasting a whole turkey. This guide will help you choose the right tools, pots, and pans for your turkey recipes.
Tools needed for roasting turkey recipes
We all know that a good oven is needed. There’s no need to talk about the different types of oven. Depending on the recipe, the roasting tools will vary from the size of the roasting pan to basters. Here are the recommended options.
Check this link for this complete list of roasting pans.
About this item
- Electric roaster oven accommodates turkeys up to 26 pounds
- Self-basting lid continually recirculates moisture
- Versatile electric roaster bakes, slow cooks, roasts, and serves
- Dimensions: 23.3 L x 15.6 W x 11.8 H inches
- Roasting pan and rack are removable for easy cleanup
Personal Notes: This roaster is perfect if you’re cooking several side dishes requiring the use of an oven. I own this roaster and I love it. The reason why I love it is that I don’t have to marinate my turkey for a long time for the seasoning to fully penetrate the meat. The only problem I have with the roaster is timing. It can easily overcook your turkey if you don’t pay attention to the cooking time. The cooking time is not the same as a conventional oven – it is much quicker.
Lid or No Lid?
About this item
- EXTRA LARGE ROASTING PAN WITH RACK: 17-Inch x 13-Inch Nonstick Oven Roaster with Rack
- DURABLE ROASTER RACK: The roaster features a convenient U-shaped rack that keeps meats off the bottom of the pan
- FAST AND EVEN HEATING: Nonstick roaster features heavy-duty steel construction for fast, even heat distribution
- SUPERIOR NONSTICK: Superior nonstick technology provides excellent oven roaster food release and easy cleanup
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE DESIGN: Oven safe to 450° F, the roasting pan has superior nonstick and wide handles for a confident grip
About this item
- 3-in-1 Roasting Pan can be used as an open or covered roaster, Dutch Oven, or Stockpot; the lid can be used separately for cooking and serving
- 3-Ply construction works on all cooktops including induction, stovetop, oven, grill, and broiler; safe to 600°F/315°C
- 18/8 Stainless Interior is easy to clean and will not react with food, keeping flavors intact
- Signature Viking handles for comfort, and secure grip; usable capacity of 8.5 qt; can cook up to a 14lb turkey
- Stainless wire rack elevates food for even cooking, suspends from the rim of the pan for easy draining
Personal Notes: Lid or no Lid is a preference. The cover takes up a lot of space in an oven. Before making a roaster pan with a cover, I would recommend measuring the inside of your oven first and reading the product description. I own a roaster without a lid and one with a lid. If I am using the roaster without the lid, I use aluminum foil to cover the turkey. I prefer using the roaster with a lid for other types of roast, such as Whole Roasted Chicken or Pork Roast.
Other tools needed and may be necessary for turkey recipes
Turkey Recipes are common during the holidays and for formal dinners. Many tools are needed to create the perfect turkey recipes. These tools are essential for many cooks and not needed for others. But in general, you should keep tools that will serve other purposes in the kitchen.
Turkey Briners: this item is optional in a kitchen. If you are an avid cook and entertain a lot, you may need to purchase a briner.
Cutting Board: necessary for meal prep. A kitchen will not be complete without a cutting board.
Turkey Baster: not only useful for turkey but for other types of meat as well. A Baster helps you baste the poultry or meat with its juices and flavoring.
Turkey Lifter and Fork Set: a lifesaver! Yes, it is. This tool helps you lift the bird with ease. Purchase a set that is easy to handle.
Meat Thermometer: an essential tool in the kitchen. Every kitchen needs one.
Meat Injector: this tool is usually sold as a set with the baster. It is best to buy the set. I purchased one a long time ago and rarely use it as I prefer to marinate my meat for several hours.
Carving Knife and Fork Set: a set is good to have as you can use it to cut other types of meat as well. Perfect for formal dinners.
Cooking Twine: helps keep the legs of the bird tight up. Also great if you are making stuffed meat or chicken – helps keep everything in place.
I hope this guide will help you create the perfect Turkey Recipe with the right tools.