Treats are known to be less nutritious and great for satisfying cravings. They are also known for not fueling the body and the brain with the proper nutrients and vitamins. What if you had a choice to create healthy veggie treats? Would you?
Most often, people think of treats as being bad. Let’s start erasing that negative idea from our brain.
What are Veggie Treats
Veggie Treats are easy to prepare and nutritious. These veggies treats are usually made with one or more vegetables. They have plenty of flavors and are an excellent substitute for chips or cookies. The treats can satisfy your mid-morning or afternoon hunger. With only a few minutes of advance prepping, you can have a healthy weekday treat in your fridge in no time.
Recent studies from the CDC states that only 1 out 10 adults meet the federal requirement for fruit or vegetable. Although the report is dated 2017, I hope that recent health trends have helped that number grow. We do need to consume more fruits and vegetables.
What vegetables can you use to make treats
There are tons of vegetables you can use to make treats. The most common treats can be made with the following vegetables.
- and much more
How to make veggie treats
Here are some ideas or examples of delicious veggie treats you can make.
Have you tried plantains as a treat?
Believe it or not! Plantains are one of the best treats you can have with and without meat. We love dipping our fried plantains in Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce with Herbs Sauce.
Tips and Reminders for when making Veggie Treat
One important thing to remember is that several vegetables are also categorized as fruits. One vegetable stands out from the list. Tomatoes!!!
Tomatoes can be eaten raw or cooked. You can eat a tomato in a salad or as a salad. Check out these recipes with tomatoes:
Here are the recipe links if you want to try the goodies above and a fan of tomatoes.
- Mango, Carrot, Tomato, and Passionfruit Juice
- Cassava Bread with Tomato and Spinach
- Easy Pan-Roasted Mushroom and Tomatoes
- Easy Tomato Salad
- Tomatoes and Feta Cheese Salad
- Tomatoes, Mini Cucumber, Pomegranate and Dried Figs Salad
- Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Fennel Salad with Oranges, Tomatoes and Arugula
Other ways to keep making delicious treats
- Make sure you get your protein: black beans are a good option.
- Let’s not forget mushrooms, one of the most natural carb. Try our Easy and Savory Mushroom Tart for breakfast or brunch
- Lastly, always shop sales. You will be surprised by how much money you can save.
If you shop regularly, always remember that fresh produce can be purchased at a bargain. Shop your supermarket’s weekly sales and warehouses such as Costco.
Making the most out of your veggies treats
There are three key points to remembers.
- Choose vegetables you like
- Eating healthy has its rewards.
- Buy the right seasoning and spices to make your treats tasty.