Interested in making a close version of the famous Spicy Haitian Peanut Butter? I will show you how easy it is and you will be very surprised. Only three ingredients are needed, roasted peanuts, peanut oil, and hot pepper
If you are wondering why hot pepper, it is because of we, Haitians love hot peppers. I believe a good hot pepper sauce, for example, makes everything taste better. So why not add a hot pepper to peanut butter. Instead of roasting peanuts, buy already roasted peanuts. It may be a bit pricey, but I find store-bought roasted peanut easier to use.
When adding hot pepper, I usually add half of a small scotch or habanero pepper without seeds. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and you have Spicy Haitian Peanut Butter. If you are worrying about ways of storing, the refrigerator is the best way to store your peanut butter.
Make your Spicy Haitian Peanut Butter today! Enjoy it with crackers, cassava crackers, bread or any other way you prefer.
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”block” ihc_mb_who=”unreg” ihc_mb_template=”1″ ]
How to make Spicy Haitian Peanut Butter
- 20 ounces roasted peanuts organic preferred
- 4 - 5 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 scotch bonnet or habanero pepper (seeds remove and minced)
- Place the roasted peanuts in a food processor with the hot pepper and oil, and salt to taste. Grind peanuts to the desired crunchiness. Remove from food processor and store in a clean glass jar or plastic container.
- Enjoy with crackers, cassava crackers, bread or any other way you prefer.