This spicy tomato is made with the right amount of hot sauce for a delicious kick. It is perfect for your homemade pizza, pasta or any meal you want to put on the table quickly.
Tomatoes are the perfect vegetable for cooking. A tomato scientifically is a fruit with many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. With several varieties available all year round, tomatoes can be purchased in many markets.
Tomatoes can be found in different packaging. For this recipe, I used canned tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes can be used as well if you have time to blanch them. Blanching tomatoes take time and patience.
Canned tomatoes are probably best to use for convenience. This spicy tomato sauce recipe is made with canned tomatoes. The recipe makes two cups and is perfect for small meals.
Making the sauce
Before starting any recipe, it is good to gather all your ingredients. When all ingredients are at hand reach, following the instructions is easy.
Usually, a spicy tomato sauce will list dried crushed red pepper as one of the main ingredients. I chose to replace it with Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Condiment. I also chose to use dried spices instead of fresh spices.
The list of the ingredients is very short compared to other sauces recipes.
- canned tomatoes
- fresh garlic
- good olive oil
- fresh basil and fresh oregano
- kosher salt
- Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
Here’s the recipe
- 1 28- oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Crush tomatoes with a fork or with your hands, reserving juices.
- Saute garlic in hot oil in a medium saucepan for 1 minute over low to medium heat. Add tomatoes with juices, dried basil, dried oregano, Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce, and salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 - 25 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently, unto the sauce is reduced to about 2 cups.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.