These quick and easy steak bites are somewhat similar to Beef Tassot with the exception that they are not deep fried. This steak recipe is easy, fast to prepared and created with Noubess Steak Seasoning!
Steak lovers are in for a treat with this simple and easy recipe that is ready in minutes. Perfectly seasoned with Noubess Steak Seasoning, seared in olive oil. The dish is complete with a tangy and delicious sauce seasoned with Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce.
A perfect way to create dinner a delicious dinner for the whole family to enjoy. Serve it with herbed roasted potatoes and a cucumber salad and your meal is complete.
Best pan to use
Steak is one of the easiest meat to cook as long as you have the proper tools and pans. Usually, cast iron pans or heavy-duty, thick-based frying pans are best to use. When hot they retain their heat and are ideal for getting that charred smoky finish. If you choose to use a barbecue grill make sure it is heated properly before cooking.
Choosing the right cut for this recipe
Budget and preference will determine which meat cut you want to purchase. For this recipe, sirloin is preferred. This type of meat is considered prime and very flavourful. Be careful not to cook sirloin because the meat will be tough.
Sprinkling salt and pepper is obvious not the right choice these days. Steak dishes are more flavorful when seasoned with real herbs and spices. You can opt to season your steak with salt and pepper as long as you have a sauce, other types of condiments to accompany the dish.
As mentioned earlier, I used Noubess Steak Seasoning, oil and a splash of lemon juice. The lemon juice is to give the meat and tangy taste and to help it tenderized better.
Serve it well
A steak sauce will help with moisture. The sauce is prepared using the same pan used to cook the steak bites. I added shallots, chicken stock
Serve it with a side dish to complete the meal. Salad and potatoes dishes are normally the first choices.
Tips and Notes
- Flavorful olive oil and butter work the best
- Consider the weight and thickness of your steak to calculate cooking time.
- Cooking a whole steak? Allow it to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. For this recipe, even though the pieces as small, resting time is still required.
Here’s the recipe!
- Clean the meat, your preferred way. Pat dry and lay flat on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, trim off some of the excess fat. Cut steak in strips and then in cubes, small bite size pieces and place in large bowl. Add seasoning, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and lemon juice and toss. Let marinate for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large heavy pan over high heat. Place a few steak cubes in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes occasionally stirring until golden brown. You may have to work in batches; repeat with the remaining meat if needed. Remove the meat to a clean plate.
- To Prepare the sauce
- Scrape off any meat crumbs and in the same pan, add shallots and cook for about 2 minutes stirring. Add wine to continue deglazing pan. Add chicken stock, Noubess Original Hot and Spicy sauce and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook for another 5 - 7 mins over medium heat, or until the sauce has reduced by half. Season to taste and serve with steak bites.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.