Unexpected visitors? We all have those from time to time. And unfortunately, it is hard to say anything bad or be rude when it is an old friend or family member you have not seen for a while. A simple, regular or Tricolor Tomatoes Bruschetta is a quick dish that can be served for those unexpected guests.
I always have tomatoes and bread and therefore no need to be spending a long time in the kitchen. I enjoy making this recipe with different types of colored tomatoes.
Photo Credit: Pixabay
You don’t find them often but since they are in season now, why not! The red, orange and yellow add such a wonderful contrast that the dish to me is more delicious to the eyes.
Don’t wait to have unexpected guests over to make Tricolor Tomatoes Bruschetta, pamper yourself. Bread lovers, this is another excuse to eat more bread.
Tomato, a vegetable or fruit?
Tomatoes are considered both fruit and vegetable. So why don’t you get your daily dosage or vitamins with this wonderful recipe?
A quick and easy recipe you can make using my Hot and Spicy Pineapple for a zesty kick of Caribbean goodness.
Tricolor Tomatoes Bruschetta
- 1 medium Orange Tomato diced small
- 1 medium Red Tomato diced small
- 1 medium Yellow Tomato diced small
- 1 small Red Onion diced small
- 1/2 tablespoon Champagne Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 large Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped finely
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp Hot and Spicy Pineapple Blend
- French Baguette preferably
- After chopping or slicing all veggies, in a bowl mix tomatoes, onion, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, garlic, hot and spicy pineapple, and parsley. Let marinate for a few minutes in the refrigerator before serving on slices of bread.