No other meals can compare to soups because they are the ultimate one pot meals. With the right mixture of proteins and vegetables in a delicious broth, it is no wonder that soups are by far one of the easiest and quick meals to prepare. Soups are not only easy and quick meals they are also healthy and perfect for all seasons.
One of the best ways to prepare a delicious soup is making sure you use the right herbs and spices. With Noubess condiments and spices, preparing a flavorful broth is easy. And if you want meat, poultry or seafood, no problem either. Packed with real flavors, Noubess condiments and spices will have your family members or friends asking for a second bowl of soup.
Tips for making the best soup recipes
- Always cook your meat or poultry separately from the vegetables
- It is best to sweat the aromatic vegetables, herbs, and spices such as fresh garlic, onion, celery, thyme, parsley, and carrots.
- Consider the cooking time of each ingredient
- Season your stock or broth well and only add hot water when necessary. (Perfect to keep the flavors)
- Add the right pasta noodle
- Once the soup starts to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer so all the ingredients can absorb all the flavors and cook evenly.
- Use a good pot.
We’ve gathered a few of our recipes. Check out the collection.
- SOUP JOUMOU (SOUPE DE GIRAUMON OR PUMPKIN SOUP), a smooth and healthy soup made with beef, vegetables, and spices. Serve at breakfast time to experience the Haitian popular tradition on New Year’s Day and Sunday mornings.
- FISH AND SWEET POTATOES SOUP is healthy, hearty and comfort soup. Made with fish (any type of firm flesh fish) sweet potatoes (yams), fish stock, yogurt, and spices.
- HOW TO MAKE HAITIAN BREAD SOUP: a hearty and simple soup that is mostly prepared when someone is under the weather. Made with bread and a mixture of vegetables.
- BANANA (PLANTAIN) CREAM SOUP OU VELOUTE DE
BANANES, is a Caribbean dish that is best enjoyed hot. It is made with ripped plantains, potatoes, leek, onion and spices.
- FENNEL AND WHITE BEAN SOUP made with dried white beans that have been soaked and cooked to create a more healthy and delicious dish. This soup is perfect on cold days.
- SPANISH CHICKPEA SOUP WITH CHORIZO, PAPRIKA AND SAFFRON very filling, full of vegetables such as carrots, celery, and spinach and the superfood chickpeas.
- CREAMY CHICKPEAS, KALE
ANDANDOUILLE SAUSAGE SOUP recipeis for a hearty soup, made with andouille sausage, cooked chickpeas, and chopped kale, along with flavors of the Caribbean. This soup makes a delicious meal with toasted or warm bread.
View more recipes here.