Lunch is served! Mango and Cantaloupe Soup, a cold soup perfect for hot summer days. Remember earlier I posted on social media that I did not want to spend another miserable day starving because it was too hot to cook.
Well, here it is! My Cold Mango and Cantaloupe Soup is made with a touch of mint and white wine. Perfect for a Sunday Brunch or Lunch!
A few tips: always use mangoes that are ripe because they will be sweeter and more aromatic. As far as cantaloupe, always make sure that is it ripe as well. The fresher the fruits, the tastier the soup will be.
Between you and I, as long as these fruits are available, I would not mind making this soup again. Who said we could not have it year round? Well what are we waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
- 2 mangoes ripened, skin removed and diced
- 1 cantaloupe skin removed and diced
- 2 branches of Fresh Mint
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Confectioner's Sugar
- In a blender, add diced mangoes and diced cantaloupe. Wash both branches of mint leaves and pat dry. Add leaves and branches to blender and reserve a few mint leaves for decorations. Add yogurt, lemon juice, wine and blend to a smooth mixture. Pour in container and a cover and refrigerate for about 2 – 3 hours. Serve cold with remaining mint leaves as an entrée or a light lunch.