Mixed Beans and Corn Salad, perfect for outdoor dining, full of awesome nutrients, and easy to prepare.
My recipe for Mixed Beans and Corn Salad does not take long to prepare. You can use any beans you like. The corn and the sweet peppers give the dish a smooth sugary flavor that is not overwhelming, and the color coordination is delightful. All Natural Rice Vinegar is added as a booster agent and acidic component to bring all the flavors together.
When using cans of beans, make sure you rinse the beans thoroughly to remove the liquid and the added salt. You can also buy dried beans and boil them separately. If you do, you will need to allow sufficient time for preparation as dried beans take a long time to cook.
Once the beans are cooked, you will also have to wait until they cool off before mixing and adding the other ingredients. This is the long way to make this dish.
The Mixed Beans and Corn Salad can be prepared as a side dish for a family dinner or entertaining guests. Just make sure you allow sufficient time for all the ingredients to release their flavors. It will be well received as it goes well with many main meat or seafood dishes. Store in the refrigerator until it is time to serve.
The Mixed Beans and Corn Salad should be served at room temperature.
Other Corn and Beans recipe ideas
- TASTY PAN-ROASTED CORN
- SWEET AND SAVORY CORNMEAL
- HOW TO BOIL MOST DRY BEANS
- EASY 16 BEANS AND HAM SOUP RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup Corn frozen and thawed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 - 15 oz can Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz can Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Pepper mixed mini peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar all natural rice vinegar with no sodium and no sugar preferred
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Chili Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a saucepan, add butter and corn. Cook on low heat stirring occasionally until cooked but still crunchy. Add water if necessary. Set aside and let cool.
- In a small bowl mix vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add beans, corn, peppers, onion, parsley and vinegar and oil mixture last. Stir until well coated and blended. Store in a refrigerator until serving time.
- Note: Let all ingredients release their flavors for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.