Mixed Fresh Herbs and Spices can be used when preparing meat, seafood, rice, beans, soup, etc. The combination of the fresh spices brings such wonderfully delicious flavors to a dish that once you try them, you will notice the difference immediately. One of the main reasons I prefer using a mixed fresh herbs and spices when cooking is because the great part is that they also bring lots of nutrition to a dish as well. I use spices in almost every dish I cook. I feel that I could be a bit lost without adding my spice blend when cooking. Sometimes I use just dried herbs, and they also have some fantastic health benefits, but fresh spices have such a rich, concentrated flavor that you can always taste the freshness of the ingredients.
Feel free to play around by combining other herbs. You will be surprised at the end results when cooking your dish. Having a jar of mixed a fresh herb and spices on hand saves times and compliment every meal every time. Enjoy!
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”block” ihc_mb_who=”unreg” ihc_mb_template=”1″ ]
Mixed Fresh Herbs and Spices
- 1 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Stalks Scallions chopped
- 1 cup Green Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 packet Fresh Thyme large and thick stems removed
- 24 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Ground Black or Mixed Peppercorn (regular black pepper can be used also)
- 3 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Cloves
- Clean all fresh spices and set aside to dry. Peel off skin on all garlic cloves and set aside. Grind cloves and peppercorn if necessary and set aside. Add all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add mixture to a mason jar and keep refrigerated. Mixture should last 2 - 3 weeks with moderate cooking. Only use clean spoon when removing spices from jar to avoid spoilage.