Slow-Cooked Turkey Breast deliciously seasoned with an aromatic Moroccan Spice mixture.
My Moroccan-inspired Slow-Cooked Turkey Breast recipe is my new favorite way to enjoy turkey breast. This recipe is not only perfect for any occasion but is also inspired by the aromas of Moroccan spices. I also added my personal touch, Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce. The turkey breast was super delicious and moist and I think my crockpot was the best vessel to cook the breast.
Seasoning your turkey breast with a Moroccan Spice Mixture
A store-bought Moroccan seasoning may do wonders for many types of meat and poultry. Used as a brine, it delivered an incredible and delightful taste to the turkey. Unfortunately, I cannot advise on a specific Moroccan spice mixture as each brand is different.
How to create the perfect brine
The perfect brine can be very simple with only three ingredients. The Moroccan Seasoning used in the brine is the Iron Chef brand. The seasoning is aromatic and tasty. With Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce added to the seasoning, it is no wonder that this has become a favorite recipe in my home.
The brine consists of Moroccan seasoning, sugar, and onion. To marinate the turkey, I created a seasoning with Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, sage, and black pepper. The seasoning is rubbed all over the meat. Carrots are placed on the bottom of the crockpot. To keep the turkey moist, I added one cup of warm water to the bottom of the crockpot as well.
Are you are still looking for another reason to make this wonderful recipe? The turkey breast is cooked in a slow cooker or crockpot. Making this delightful dish can even taste better if the turkey is brined for more than 24 hours. Try it! You might surprise yourself.
This recipe is perfect for any occasion. You will certainly impress your guests at the dinner table. Simple, delicious, and very appetizing. You can also use any leftovers to make healthy sandwiches.
- 1 bone-in turkey breast 4 to 5 pounds, skin removed
- ½ cup Moroccan seasoning (preferably IronChef Seasoning)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 hot pepper cayenne, chopped
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 1 – 2 carrot peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- To prepare the brine, in a large container, mix Moroccan Seasoning, sugar, hot pepper and onion. Add about 8 cups of water and stir until most of the salt and sugar have melted about 3 – 5 minutes. After cleaning the turkey breast and removing the skin, submerge in brine, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Longer preferably.
- Remove the breast from the brine. Shake off any moroccan seasoning and pat dry.
- In a small boil, combine, oil, the garlic, Moroccan seasoning, paprika, thyme, sage, black pepper; rub over turkey. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, add chopped carrots and add water. Place turkey breast on top of carrots. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.