No time for grilling! Oven Roasted Pineapple, what a delish! Pineapple fruits have been on sale a lot lately and I just love it. What it the best way to enjoy fresh pineapple? Roasted, of course when you want to feel special or just escape into your own world with some vanilla ice cream. Ummm! Yummy!
Oven Roasted Pineapple is made with vanilla pods, banana, ginger, lime juice, dark rum, cayenne pepper and water and baked in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the slices are cooked but still firm. This is a warm, peppery, sweet, citrus dessert that can be served at any occasions.
For a more delightful taste, try it with pineapple rum – very delish.
- 1 Pineapple peeled, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 Vanilla Pods
- 1/2 cup Dark Rum
- 3/4 cups Water
- 1 Banana mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Peel the pineapple but do not remove the core. Slice pineapple 1/4 inch thick and set aside. Reserve any juice release while slicing the pineapple
- In a saucepan under medium to low heat, add butter and sugar. Stir until sugar has melted. Add pineapple juice if you have, ginger and cayenne pepper and stir. Slowly add rum and stir to mix. Add water and continue to stir until well blended. Slit and scrape the vanilla pods removing the seeds. Add the vanilla seeds and the cut pods to the saucepan. Add lime juice and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts to boil, add mashed banana and continue to boil for 5 - 7 minutes
- In a baking dish, large enough to hold slices, place the pineapple slices - try not to overlap. Pour alcohol and banana mixture on top of pineapple slices. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and turn the slices over and return to oven. Continue to bake for 15 to 20 until liquid has thicken a bit and pineapple are cooked. Remove and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.