Pan-Roasted Potatoes recipe with Gemma’s Pineapple Gourmet Hot Sauce. An incredibly simple way to make roasted potatoes to whole new level of deliciousness.
Have you ever tried roasting potatoes with hot sauce? If you have, where you happy with the results? If not or if you are looking for a new recipe, here’s one for you to try.
Pan-Roasting your potatoes is not hard to do. To cut down on the time the potato cubes will roast in the pan, I precook them first in boiling water on the stovetop. This process also removes the excess starch from the potatoes.
If you are planning to make this recipe to serve four people, you will spend between $3 to $5. It all depends on the cost of a bag of potatoes in your local supermarkets. I usually spend 99 cents on one regular russet or Idaho potatoes bag on a really good day and up to $4.99 on a very bad day. That’s a small price to pay when you are on a budget.
Pan-roasting the potatoes is done on low heat. As long as you have a good cooking pan and you are stirring the potatoes when necessary, your dish will be ready in no time.
This recipe is hard to mess up. I can guarantee it. As long as you have the right amount of hot sauce, your dish will be tasty. Lastly, always use hot sauces in moderation.
Serve with my Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb.
- 2 - 3 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Gemma’s Gourmet Pineapple Hot Sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt optional
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from water and drain. Set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Add hot sauce and stir to mix. Add potatoes and season with salt if preferred. Stir to combine then let sit for 3 - 5 minutes before stirring again. You want the potatoes to get a nice golden crust, so let them roast in the pan for a good 3-5 minutes after each stir. Continue this process until the potatoes are fork tender and golden crisp. Remove and serve warm.
- Serve with Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.