Plain Cheesecake or no Plain Cheesecake? That’s always the question. Making a plain cheesecake is always the best decision for me because it is easier to add any topping of choice. Whether it is fresh fruits or store-bought toppings, the results are phenomenal. Plain cheesecake gives you more options.
There are tons of cheesecake recipes, and in my opinion, whichever one(s) you try to make must be done with love. Love is the main ingredient when baking or cooking individual desserts or dishes.
What is making a cheesecake with love? Making a cheesecake with love means no rushing, all ingredients must be at room temperature, use the best ingredients you can afford, and lastly let your mixer do its job.
If you follow these simple steps, I can guarantee you that they will work for you. You will become experienced enough to try new recipes and enjoy baking.
Lastly, I want to share my very useful tips when making plain cheesecake. I usually use organic sugar, lime zest, and a homemade vanilla extract. When following a recipe from another chef or baker, I usually add a mixture of extracts (almond and vanilla) and less sugar in both the crust and cheesecake mixture.
Hope my tips will benefit you.
Enjoy this delicious Plain Cheesecake recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 packages of cream cheese 8 oz each, softened, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 sugar (organic preferably)
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (homemade preferably)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
To make the crust:
- in a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze
To make Filling:
- In a mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium high speed until all ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Add eggs, one at a time while mixer is running. Lower mixer speed to "stir setting" and add lemon zest, vanilla extract and whip cream. Mix all ingredients. Run mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes. Pour over frozen crust and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes depending on the temperature of your oven, it can also be 45 to 50 minutes until the top is lightly brown and the center is almost set, Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of pan. Continue cooling for 1 hour or longer. Refrigerate at least 3 - 4 hours or overnight before serving plain, with topping or fresh fruits.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.