Got enough leftovers and tired of finding ways to re-create meals? Here is a quick recipe I came up with while deciding what to do with leftovers Griot (Pork Bits). Pork Meat Pockets (Griot Pockets) are not only perfect for lunch but dinner as well.
I had these for dinner and decided to add this great idea to my meal plan. Not only can I have lunch the next day when I make Griot, but I can also add a salad and have a complete and healthy meal.
For the past few weeks, I have been somewhat of a robot. Working nonstop on so many projects that I have been finding myself creating meals with leftovers. Have you ever noticed that leftovers always taste better when re-created as another dish? So bizarre and so good!
When reheating meat, butter, and ground black pepper add tons of flavor or revives the meat flavor. I like using Noubess products because I have more taste options. I can either use a combination of Noubess hot sauce or Noubess Seasonings mix. Any choice of spice, I am sure, will be appetizing.
Adding other ingredients such as lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and mayonnaise is just icing on the cake. Any of the Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauces will taste phenomenal when mixed with mayonnaise. A whole new meal altogether!
I rarely buy Whole Wheat Tin Bread because I have been baking my bread for a while now, and this time, it paid off; the Whole Wheat Thin Bread was convenient. Adding the ingredients one by one to create a delicious Pork Meat Pockets or Griot Pockets was one of the best ideas I had with a tired brain.
Alternatively, you can use any bread you prefer. I also like to use a French Baguette to make sandwiches with leftover meat. The French Baguette holds all the ingredients in place. Any other crusty bread will also work.
Next time you have leftover meat, don’t be discouraged; create another meal with it, and I promise you will even forget what it was before. And by the way, this is a great idea for sandwiches when traveling. Have fun, re-creating dishes with our Noubess’ condiments and spices.
- 2 cup Griot Recipe - cut into chunks or shredded Haitian Griot preferably (http://www.caribbeangreenliving.com/recipe-items/haitian-griot/)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Dash ground black pepper optional
- Noubess Steak Seasoning
- Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Avocado slices optional
- 2 Pita Bread
- Shred cooked meat and set aside. In a frying pan, add butter, meat, black pepper, Steak Seasoning, and Noubess Hot Sauce. Let meat fry on low meat for about 3 -4 minutes until it starts to turn darker and crispy.
- Assemble sandwiches by adding the ingredients in layers with the mayonnaise first then followed by lettuce, tomato, meat and avocado. Serve immediately.
- Note: sandwiches can be made with any type of meat or poultry that have been baked or fried. Serve with additional Noubess Hot Sauces for more heat and flavor.
The amount of Noubess Steak seasoning and Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce to use will depend on the amount of Griot or meat you have. Season to taste to your liking.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
*** originally published July 16, 2014