A hearty bowl of Potato Leek Soup is comforting, and especially during the winter months.
Comfort foods are best enjoyed during the winter months. Soups are easy to make and are very popular during that time as well.
Soups allow many people to consume the right amount of vitamins when vegetables and/or meat or added.
Make this easy and delicious Potato Leek Soup today!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large leeks white and light green parts only, roughly chopped (about 5 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 7 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley scallions or chives, finely chopped, for serving
- Leftover meat or poultry cut into small pieces
- In a large soup pot, over medium heat, melt the butter Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until soft, about 10 minutes. Adjust the heat as necessary so as not to brown.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth or vegetables broth, bay leaves, Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce, and salt to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and lower the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Remove the bay leaves. Purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth. (Alternatively, use a standard blender to purée the soup in batches.) If using a blender, let the mixture cool before blending to avoid an accident.)
- If using a blender, bring the soup to a boil.
- While stirring, add the heavy cream. Adjust the seasoning and bring to a simmer until you reach you reach the right texture and consistency. Add cooke meat or poultry if using. Gradually add water or broth if necessary to thin the soup out. Garnish with fresh parsley or chives if desired.