Enjoy this quick and easy pasta recipe for the ultimate weekday family dinner. Add sausages or leftover meat and your favorite vegetable, and you have a complete meal in about 30 minutes.
A pasta meal is the ultimate dinner recipe for busy weeknights. When prepping meals over the weekend, creating a menu that provides leftovers is a great way to save on cooking time. Leftovers are also a great way to create more meals with more options. For example, a crockpot or slow cooker pulled pork recipe will give you more than one meal. Although this recipe does not include leftovers from a roasted pork recipe, or roasted chicken, you can easily substitute your protein choice.
For this recipe, I decided to add uncured kielbasa sausages. The reason for this is the delicious, rich, and bold flavor of the sausages. The sausages are mixed with other ingredients such as Noubess Hot Sauces, Noubess Poultry Seasoning, and tomato paste. The flavors are so perfectly matched that you will want to make this combination for most of your pasta dishes.
This is also perfect for rice dishes if you are looking to add more color and flavor to your rice recipes.
How to choose the right pasta noodles
Pasta has a unique flavor. Not all pasta is the same, don’t you agree? Not all pasta brands are the same either. My go-to pasta noodle brand is Barilla. I sometimes buy a store brand as it can be twice as good as well. Whether the pasta recipe is with a sauce or not, choose a pasta noodle that will be perfect dishes with meat, or vegetables without worrying about not being edible.
Pasta noodles help you create family affordable meals. Here‘s how to choose the right pasta noodle for your family meals.
- First, decide on a recipe, how you want to cook the pasta, ingredients, etc
- Do you want a sauce or no sauce?
- Choose your noodles:
- Short tubes and spirals pasta noodles are best for chunky sauces, and pasta salads
- Long noodles are best for light sauces, like marinara and pesto.
- Flat noodles are best for cream and butter sauces.
- Shell pasta is best for thick and/or chunky sauces, meat sauces, or cheese sauce.
How to select the right uncured sausages
Is there a specific way or process to buy uncured sausages? The answer is no. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that you will be satisfied with a specific brand. The reason is simple; it is all about the ingredients.
For starters, processed meat is always or has always been getting a bad reputation. Sausages are made with processed meats and combined with a blend of spices and seasoning.
Interested in a specific brand? I would recommend learning more about how the company’s products are made. Research the ingredients, read the nutritional information, research the brand, and learn where your food comes from.
How to make Pasta with Sausages and Broccoli
- The first thing to do is to boil the pasta—Boil the pasta al dente, strain, and reserve the cooking liquid.
- In a skillet, add a little bit of oil and cook the sausages. Remove the cooked and browned sausages and set them aside. In the same pan, add the Noubess Hot Sauce, Noubess Seasoning, and fresh diced tomatoes. Let the mixture cook under medium heat until the tomatoes are softened and release their juices. Make sure you have enough tomato sauce for the pasta.
- Add the onion and sweet pepper. Stir to blend.
- Add the broccoli and stir to mix.
- Lastly, add the noodles and keep stirring until the pasta is coated with the tomato sauce. You may want to add more olive oil and pasta water to help the stirring process. The oil and the reserve pasta liquid will help keep the noodles, veggies, and sausages moist.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Let’s go through the ingredients, and tips
The ingredients are simple.
- Pasta noodle: use any noodles you want, preferably small pasta noodles or short noodles. Long pasta noodles are a good option for this recipe. Try our Haitian spaghetti if interested.
- Sausages: uncured if you can, cut into small pieces, the same size as the noodles. You can also choose to add leftover meat or poultry. If you prefer seafood, shellfish or firm fish will go well with this recipe.
- Add any vegetables you prefer. Broccoli is a great option, as well as spinach and mushroom.
- The onion, substitute for red onion or shallots.
- The sweet pepper is a good addition and adds flavor to the dish.
- Noubess Poultry Seasoning contains no salt. Make sure the water to cook noodles contains salt. Add more salt to the sauce if you prefer.
- Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauces have tons of flavor. The more you use, the spicier the dish will be.
- Use extra virgin olive oil if you can for more flavoring.
More recipe ideas to try
- LINGUINE WITH ONION, BACON, AND ASPARAGUS
- TORTELLINI WITH SHRIMP AND ITALIAN GREEN BEANS
- FETTUCCINE WITH FRESH CHIVES AND GARLIC