This pan-roasted fish with broccoli recipe is a quick and easy weeknight meal that is healthy and delicious. The fish and broccoli are roasted together in a single pan, so cleanup is a breeze. An olive oil vinaigrette with lemon juice and parsley add a bright and refreshing touch to the dish.
Are you looking for a quick and healthy meal packed with flavor? Look no further than this pan-roasted fish with broccoli recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a great way to get in your daily dose of vegetables and omega-3 fatty acids.
The best part? You only need one pan to make it, which means less time spent on cleanup and more time enjoying your delicious meal. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen beginner, this recipe will surely impress. So grab your ingredients, and let’s get cooking!
Health benefits of incorporating fish and broccoli into your diet
Fish and broccoli are two of the most nutrient-dense foods you can add to your diet. Fish is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to support brain health, reduce inflammation, and improve heart health. Broccoli is high in fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin K and has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, and other chronic illnesses.
Incorporating fish and broccoli into your diet can greatly boost your overall health and well-being. This pan-roasted fish with broccoli recipe is an easy and delicious way to add these two superfoods to your diet.
The ingredients for the Pan-Roasted Fish with Broccoli Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make this one pan-roasted fish with broccoli recipe:
- Large or whole fish fillet or 3 – 4 6 oz fish fillets: snapper fillet, halibut, seabass, mahi mahi, or cod fillets
- large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh Parsley
- NouBess Fish Seasoning, Salt-Free
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step-by-step instructions for one pan-roasted fish with broccoli
- Prepare the fish by removing any leftover scales. Rinse with water or with lemon water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare the seasoning by mixing the fresh minced garlic, chopped parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli florets with half of the seasoning mixture —season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the broccoli on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and NouBess Fish Seasoning to the remaining seasoning mixture in the bowl. Add more oil if necessary. Toss the fish in the seasoning —season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and push the broccoli to the edges of the pan. Place the fillets in the center of the pan.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges and your preferred grain or pasta dish.
Notes and Tips for Cooking the Pan-Roasted Fish and Broccoli
When cooking fish, it’s important not to overcook it. Overcooked fish can be dry and tough, so keep a close eye on it while it’s in the oven. The best way to tell if the fish is done is to check it with a fork. If it flakes easily, it’s done.
Broccoli can be tricky to cook because it can easily become mushy if overcooked. To avoid this, be sure to spread the broccoli out in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast it for no more than 15-20 minutes.
Variations and substitutions for the recipe
This versatile recipe can be easily adapted to suit your tastes. Here are a few variations and substitutions you can try:
- Use a different type of fish, such as salmon or halibut.
- Swap out the broccoli for another vegetable, such as asparagus or Brussels sprouts.
- Add some extra flavor by seasoning the fish with fresh herbs or spices like dill or paprika. Or use Haitian Epis.
- Make it a completely healthy meal by serving fish and broccoli with quinoa or brown rice.
This pan-roasted fish with broccoli recipe is a complete meal on its own, but you can also serve it with a few tasty side dishes. Here are a few ideas:
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Garlic-roasted potatoes
- Steamed green beans
- A side salad with mixed greens and a simple vinaigrette
This recipe is easy to make and only requires one pan, so it’s a great option for a weeknight meal. The fish and broccoli are roasted together, so they cook evenly, and the flavors are perfectly combined. The lemon juice and parsley add a bright and refreshing touch to the dish.
Additional notes and tips for the pan-roasted fish:
- Use a thick-cut fish fillet, such as cod or halibut. This will help to prevent the fish from drying out during cooking.
- If you don’t have fresh broccoli, you can use frozen broccoli florets. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking.
- If you don’t have lemon juice, you can use another type of citrus juice, such as lime juice or orange juice.
- You can add other vegetables to this dish, such as carrots, onions, or peppers.
This dish is a great way to get your daily dose of nutrients and it’s also a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables! This pan-roasted fish with broccoli recipe is a great protein, healthy fats, and fiber source.
In conclusion, this one pan roasted fish with broccoli recipe is a quick, healthy, and delicious meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s packed with flavor and nutrients and easy to make with just one pan. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. So the next time you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying meal, give this recipe a try. Your taste buds and your body will thank you!