Rice with Green Peas
Yum rice with green peas is such a comfort food. This recipe is easy to make and will make your entire family happy.
Rice with Green Peas is an easy way to and another way to add color to your rice. Only white rice, green peas and a selection of fresh herbs and spices are required. It is a quick side dish to eat with meat or seafood. Or, if you prefer eaten your rice without meat or seafood, it can be eaten alone as well. Try it; it is flavorful.
This recipe is an excellent alternative for feeding kids, especially if they are fussy with starchy foods. My eldest nephew enjoys eating Rice with Green Peas because the rice does not look dirty to him. He thinks both foods should not be mixed when eating white rice with a side dish such as bean puree, vegetable stews, or meat stews. He says the rice looks dirty and not appetizing when mixed with colored ingredients.
Only a child will come up with the weirdest explanation for not eating certain foods together. I guess that is a way for them to express their preferences at a young age. Go figure! Who thinks like that? Only a kid. LOL
I am sure some adults will think about it also but will translate and express that thought another way. But between us, there is always a kid in us, and we do think like one very so often but express ourselves as an adult because we want to show maturity.
A few recipes ideas that go well with this dish
- How to make Haitian Meatballs
- Braised Chicken Gizzards with Onions
- Red Snapper in Fresh and Spicy Tomato Sauce
You can also use cooked white rice and add cooked green peas if you prefer. But don’t tell anyone. This is another alternative to making rice with green peas. Don’t forget to season the rice
Hope you enjoy this simple rice recipe – Rice with Green Peas.
PS. Don’t forget to watch your favorite cartoon and be a kid again. LOL
Rice with Green Peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk scallion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 cups white rice rinsed and water drained
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom pot, over medium heat, add oil, garlic, scallion and chicken bouillon. Keep stirring until spices are cooked but not burnt. Add peas and stir to blend. Let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and stir to blend with spices and peas and let fry for about 3 – 4 minutes stirring gently occasionally. Add water and stir gently again. Bring to boil. When the water has almost evaporated, lower heat and cover and continue to cook for about 15 – 20 minutes until rice is fluffy. Serve hot with your favorite meat, poultry or seafood dish.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.