Roasted Fancy Potatoes with Sauteed Seasoned Leeks served with your favorite vegetables, meat or poultry dish. Yes, you can practically use almost any types of vegetables, spices or herbs you want with potatoes. Jazz up the taste with fresh leeks and a combination of your preferred spices and herb combination.
It is always easy to create a recipe with potatoes. Roasted, boiled, fried … any way you want it. Gratifying and fulfilling is how a potato dish should taste. Tested and kids approved. Create meals that your family will want and love.
- 12 ounces fancy/tiny potatoes scrubbed, rinsed and halves
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 leek white and pale-green parts only, chopped and rinsed well
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in pan. Add leek, celery and a pinch of salt, garlic, herbes de Provence, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a baking pan with nonstick spray;
- In a separate bowl, mix cooked leek and potatoes with the remaining salt and black pepper. Add mixture to prepared pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 25 minutes, stirring once. Continue roasting about 7 - 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and brown on the edges.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.