Who’s up for an original turkey drumsticks recipe for Thanksgiving? I know I am. Let’s cook some Roasted Turkey Drumsticks instead! Why not right! I bet the family members who love white meat will not be happy, but that should be over after they eat all the side dishes and great desserts.
Every year, I try to create a recipe that may be a bit unusual but still significant. Adding salt, pepper, and butter to a turkey recipe is not for me. This year we decided on Roasted Turkey Drumsticks because last year the kids and many of the adults enjoyed more dark meat than white meat. I like watching kids eating healthy meals. By teaching them proper nutrition and figuring what they like and dislike I can create great meals.
I enjoy watching kids eating healthy meals. By teaching them proper nutrition and figuring what they like and dislike, I can create great meals the will enjoy.
[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”block” ihc_mb_who=”unreg” ihc_mb_template=”1″ ]
These Roasted Turkey Drumsticks are excellent in taste and the best way to avoid cutting a whole turkey. They are brined overnight with water, sugar, salt, lemons, sour orange juice, fennel seeds, whole cloves, cumin seeds and habanero pepper. After brining a paste of mixed spices is rubbed on the drumsticks for more flavors. The drumsticks are roasted in the oven until golden brown. And voila! Roasted Turkey Drumsticks for your next dinner party or Thanksgiving.
After brining a paste of mixed spices is rubbed on the drumsticks for more flavors. The drumsticks are roasted in the oven until golden brown. And voila! Roasted Turkey Drumsticks for your next dinner party or Thanksgiving.
- 12 Turkey Drumsticks 12 to 15 pounds total, cleaned
- 16 cups Water
- 3/4 cups Sea Salt
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- 1 cup Sour Orange Juice
- 8 Bay Leaves dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Whole Cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Habanero Pepper seeds removed
- 8 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Ground Fennel
- 1 tablespoon Ground Sage
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted
- Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- Clean drumsticks with vinegar and water, rinse and pat dry. In a large container, add 16 cups of water, sugar, salt, lemons juice, sour orange juice, bay leaves, fennel seeds, cloves seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper. Stir until salt and sugar have resolved. In a large pot add 8 cups of water and habanero pepper and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and remove pepper. Add Pepper water to brine. Let cool completely and add drumsticks. Brine turkey drumsticks for 12 hours or overnight.
- To form paste, in a bowl mix garlic powder, ground fennel, ground sage, ground thyme, salt, paprika, lemon juice and melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare baking dishes or roasting pans by spraying with oil spray . Remove turkey drumsticks from brine and pat dry. Rub each drumsticks with paste and lay on baking dish or roasting pan and roasted for 45 minutes. Lower oven heat to 350 degree F and continue to roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes until fully cook. Use a thermometer to confirm that all drumsticks are cooked to perfection. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.