Appetizers don’t have to be boring or difficult to make. Just a little creativity and with the right ingredients you can create anything. Salmon Mini Quiches are made with pink salmon, spices, eggs, cheese and heavy cream and most of all, no flour. They are baked in the oven for about 25 minutes for a quick and savory bite size appetizer dish.
Having Canned Pink Salmon in your cupboard is a lifesaver. Several cooking and baking dishes can be created with a little initiative and faith in yourself.
Canned salmon, tuna, sardines etc… are “bad” days foods. When you are too tired to cook, or in need of something quick, a salmon or tuna sandwich is good any day and especially for lunch. Many people prefer not to consumed canned foods but make an exception with canned tuna and canned salmon.
I call my Salmon Mini Quiches easy made quick bites because they don’t take much time to make and you can prepare them in advance. Just a quick re-heat in the microwave or in the oven, they will be consumed quickly. So make sure you make enough. This recipe is for a 24 mini muffins pan.
- 1 can Pink Salmon 6 oz and drained well
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted Ground Fennel
- 1 small Shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Grated Cheese parmesan or swiss cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Few drops lemon or lime juice
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients and spoon into 24 well-greased mini muffin pan. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until puffed, set and lightly browned around the edges.