A steak dinner should be simple. Sauteed Asparagus with Cherry Tomatoes sauteed in Noubess Garlic and Herb served with Steak seasoned with Noubess Steak Seasoning and extra-virgin olive oil, a healthy, delicious and quick dinner.
Sometimes when you are in the mood for a lite dinner, cooking meat and a side of vegetables is the ultimate thing to do. It is satisfying because you feel like you are eating a healthy and delicious meal you made with love.
Steak is one of the meats that cooks very quickly. Just season and cook for a few minutes and it is ready. The key is to buy the right cut of steak, one that is tender and cooks fast.
Asparagus like many other vegetables also cooks very quickly. The best part about asparagus is that it doesn’t require a lot of effort or creativity. Get a great seasoning like Noubess Garlic and Herb seasoning mixed with a little bit of olive oil and that’s all you need.
Adding other vegetables like cherry tomatoes, bring out the flavor of the asparagus or any other vegetables, but also is pleasant to the eyes. Vibrant colors and a delicious meal cooked just under 30 minutes. Every bite is full of healthy flavors!
Best way to cook a steak dinner
Steak dinners are best served with vegetables and starchy side dishes. These sides dishes are usually potatoes, mashed or roasted, string beans, peas or asparagus. Another side dish, a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers is simple enough to enjoy.
First, choose the best beef meat cuts for the steak. The tender the meat, the more expensive it will be. So choose a cut you are comfortable with and one that your pockets can afford.
- T-Bone is tender, pack a lot of flavors, juicy when cooked correctly. Very pricy when compared to other meat cuts.
- Porterhouse looks similar to T-Bone but larger. Not as tender as the T-Bone but flavorful and juicy when cooked correctly. Also very expensive.
- Rib-Eye is a favorite of many people. Very flavorful and very tender. Not as expensive as the T-Bone or Porterhouse steak. It also has a lot of fat, so be careful of intense flames when grilling.
- Filet Mignon is the most popular steak, needs more time to cook when compared to the first 3 options. It is a costly cut of meat and needs lots of seasoning.
- Top Sirloin is very affordable compared to the previous cuts mentioned. It is a muscular cut, so it takes longer to cook and needs more spices.
- NY Strip Steak is very versatile, and affordable compared to the other cuts. Flavorful and cooks quickly.
Second, decide on the perfect seasoning. There are several seasonings and spices. Many are flavorful and many are not. I like using Noubess Steak Seasoning, No-Salt. It works for me because I don’t need to worry about sodium. Did I mention before that my family and I try not to add a lot of salt in our food?
How to make Sauteed Asparagus With Cherry Tomatoes and Steak
Would add flavor to a steak dinner with salt and pepper only? Not quite what I would go for. Salt and pepper do not work for me. There are too many options out there to ignore.
Many store-bought Steak Seasonings contain too much salt. Noubess Steak Seasoning contains no salt. Adding salt is an option but again you are cooking the steak in butter. Unless you’re using an unsalted butter, which is a great option, you will need to add salt in your seasoning for more flavor.
- First, the steak is cut in slices, seasoned with Noubess Steak Seasoning and olive oil and marinated for a few minutes.
- While the steak slices are marinating, prepare the asparagus. Cut out the tough ends and cut the tender parts into 2 or three pieces. Seasoned with Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning.
- Start cooking the asparagus in olive oil. Once the pieces are almost cooked, add the sliced cherry tomatoes. Cook tomatoes until heated through. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the marinated steak slices and thoroughly cook.
- Serve asparagus with steak
how to serve your steak dinner
Steak dinners are loved by many. And if you remember, there’s always a glass of wine. I am not a connoisseur of wine but a nice Malbec always makes me happy.
If you are not a fan of wine, lemonade is a great choice. Or simply serve with a nice cold glass of water. This is the healthiest beverage you can have.
You can also serve this dinner with another side dish. Here are your choices:
- Cucumber, Chickpeas, Olive & Tomato Salad
- Baked Garlic Butter Spicy Glazed Carrots
- Breadfruit with Shallots and Parsley Vinaigrette
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and White Potatoes
Enjoy! Don’t forget to leave a review.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb asparagus stalks trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 – 3 tsps Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 cup or handful cherry tomatoes multicolor, halves
- 2 lbs London broil steak AKA top round or flank steak
- 2 tbsps Noubess Steak seasoning
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Melt the butter in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the asparagus and the seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until heated through
- Remove from heat and set aside
Prepare the steak
- Slice the steak in thin strips and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together steak seasoning and 1 tablespoon olive oil until well combined.
- Add seasoning blend to steak and make sure each strip is coated with the seasoning blend. Marinate at least 10 minutes.
- In the same cast-iron skillet, melt butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil set over medium-high heat until sizzling. Sear the steak strips for 5 – 7 minutes turning often so they cook evenly.
- Serve steak with warm asparagus
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.