Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Peppers and Onion is easy, simple, and perfect for a busy weeknight. This chicken dinner is seasoned with Noubess Poultry Seasoning, Smoked Paprika, and Turmeric. The perfect seasoning blend for a healthy meal!
Easy Sheet Pan Recipes
Easy sheet pan chicken recipes are one way to quickly put dinner on the table. These days, many of us are working from home and our children are in virtual schooling. This is the new way of living and I am happy to see that many of us are adjusting well.
If you love quick and healthy meals Sheet Pan recipes might be for you. The recipes are usually easy and contain some kind of protein and vegetables. This style of cooking requires a good sheet pan and fresh ingredients. Frozen vegetables are nor recommended.
Sheet pan recipes with chicken are usually mixed with vegetables. The chosen vegetables are cooked about the same amount of time as the chicken. For this recipe, I used a mixture of colorful peppers and red onion. I also used an array of seasoning and spices that adds tons of wholesome flavors.
The peppers and onion add flavors and texture. One particular spice I used is turmeric. This is how the chicken and the peppers got their golden color. Turmeric is a healthy spice with tons of healthy benefits.
You may be thinking that this recipe is for fajitas, but it is not. You can substitute the spices for a store-bought fajitas spice blend. Why should you use a fajitas spice blend when you can create your own spice blend. It is simple and you should try it.
Fajitas spice blends are usually the same and the taste is the same. With a sheet pan chicken recipe with peppers and onion, you can add whatever spice and seasoning mixture you want. It is called Freedom Cooking!
What is the Sheet Pan Chicken, Peppers and Onion recipe?
First let’s talk about tools. You will need the following tools:
- Deep Sheet Pan: a must for sheet pan recipes. The ingredients will cook evenly and there’s minimal spillage.
- Aluminum Foil: many of us have old sheet pan and don’t want to buy new ones. Let’s line the pan with aluminum foil. Some of us also are avoiding spending time cleaning; so why not line the pan with aluminum foil.
- Spatula: useful for removing food from the pan. The angle and the shape of the spatula make portion servings easy.
- Kitchen Tongs: good for turning, grabbing, and serving food.
You will need these ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken strips
- Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers (you may add/swap for a green bell pepper)
- Red onion
- Noubess Sorrento Lemon Infused Olive oil
- Smoked Paprika or regular paprika
- Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- Turmeric powder
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F, line the sheet pan with foil for easier cleanup if desired, .
- Prepare the seasoning blend by missing all the spices except the oil.
- Divide the seasoning blend in half and the oil in half.
- Season the chicken by adding half of the seasoning and half of the oil. Season the vegetables with the remaining seasoning and oil.
- Mix both seasoned chicken and seasoned vegetables together and spread over the sheet pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Midway through cooking, stir the ingredients and rotate the pan to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately with bread, tortillas, wrap, tacos, or even rice or pasta.
Tips and Notes
- This recipe might be similar to chicken fajitas but you don’t have to eat it with tacos or wraps. This recipe is best with white rice, red rice, or brown rice, it’s the perfect dinner meal. Just remember to add a side of vegetables, maybe steamed broccoli.
- You can also serve it with bread as a sandwich, a delicious lunch.
- Or even a nice plain and simple pasta dish with freshly grated cheese.
Hope you’re enjoy this recipe. And don’t forget to leave a comment after making it.