A Crockpot is an essential small appliance in the kitchen during the summer months for cooking beef ribs. If you don’t feel like spending a long time in the kitchen, it is not a bad idea to invest in a slow cooker. All you have to do is place all ingredients in the crockpot and let cook for hours.
Ribs are one of the best meat you can cook in a crockpot. Simple Beef Ribs in Crockpot is a recipe you will want to keep in your recipes notebook or binder.
These ribs are cooked to perfection in a mixture of herbs, spices, fresh tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and Hot and Spicy Original blend. No need for water.
Gigantic beef ribs are difficult to cook because of their size. It is normal to shy away from large pieces of meat when food shopping. Beef ribs are usually sold small and can be quite expensive. Large ribs are also great for BBQ, and roasting in the oven.
This recipe is so simple that you won’t have to worry about anything. It ‘s easy to put together and packs a boatload of flavor. It is also great during the Fall and Winter seasons.
Here’s an easy and quick way to cook them.
Simple Beef Ribs in Crockpot
- 6 beef ribs
- 2 tbsp mixed green seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoon Hot and Spicy Original blend or ½ tablespoon if you want it less hot and spicy
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- 2 medium sized tomatoes diced
- Do not remove all the fat from the ribs. You will need the fat to cook the ribs.
- In large bowl, place ribs, and ½ cup vinegar. Fill bowl with water to cover ribs. Let soak for about 7 - 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix, green seasoning, hot and spicy original blend, lemon juice, olive oil, ground cumin, cloves, and sea salt.
- Remove ribs from water, rinse and place in crockpot.
- Pour marinade over ribs and mix well to coat each rib.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook 4 hours on high.
- When fully cooked, remove ribs from liquid. In a blender or handheld mixer, puree the liquid with all the ingredients. Strain the sauce, reheat in a small saucepan, season, add onion, red wine id preferred, and cook for about 3 -5 minutes. Remove and poor over ribs.
- Serve with pasta, rice or root vegetables.