Impress your guests at your next holiday dinner with this Simple Butternut Squash Soup recipe served as an appetizer. The Squash Soup is smooth, mild in flavor, easy to make and delicious.
The recipe is made with butternut squash, leek, shallots, carrots, apple, garlic, salt, and pepper. Because it is served as an appetizer the texture of the soup is a bit thick. It can be served in shot glasses, regular short glasses, or appetizer spoons. Whatever the soup is served with will definitely wow your guests.
When serving individual dishes or re-creating a main dish as an appetizer as I have done with this Simple Butternut Squash, the challenge is always the dish or dishes used to serve the food. What better way to impress your guests? Use a serve ware that will make your guests believe they are eating an appetizer and not the main course, or side dish. Serve the meal, course, or dish the way it should be served, with love.
Enjoy my Simple Butternut Squash Soup as an appetizer for your next holiday party
Simple Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 - 3 lb Butternut Squash peeled and cut in cubes
- 4 cups Water
- 1 medium Leek cleaned and roughly cut
- 1 medium Carrot peeled and cut
- 1 medium Apple peeled, cored and cut in quarters - use a cooking apple preferably
- 1 large Shallot
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 large Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- In large pot add all ingredients except salt, pepper, hot water and butter. Cook all ingredients until fully cooked. Let cool completely and either blend in a standing blender or hand blender until very smooth. Return to stovetop and bring to a boil. Add hot water and butter and Add salt and pepper to taste. Let boil for 10 minutes under low to medium heat. Serve immediately as an appetizer or add a smooth hearty soup.