Simple Butternut Squash Soup Appetizer
Impress your guests at your next holiday dinner with this Simple Butternut Squash Soup Appetizer recipe. This recipe is simply fabulous. It’s simple yet bursting with flavor and is made especially for when you have a lot of veggies and need to use them up. You can easily make this soup/appetizer/small meal vegetarian anytime.
The recipe includes butternut squash, leek, shallots, carrots, apples, garlic, salt, and pepper. Because it is served as an appetizer, the soup’s texture is a bit thick. It can be served in shot glasses, regular short glasses, or appetizer spoons. Whatever the soup is served with will definitely wow your guests.
Have fun making Butternut Squash Soup Appetizer
When serving individual dishes or re-creating a main dish as an appetizer, as I have made with this Simple Butternut Squash Soup Appetizer, the challenge is always how to serve it.
What better way to impress your guests? Use a small bowl to make it simple, or serve it as a meal in a large soup bowl.
Enjoy my Simple Butternut Squash Soup as an appetizer for your next holiday party or this Haitian Soup recipe.
Simple Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 – 3 lb Butternut Squash peeled and cut in cubes
- 4 cups Water
- 1 medium Leek cleaned and roughly cut
- 1 medium Carrot peeled and cut
- 1 medium Apple peeled, cored and cut in quarters – use a cooking apple preferably
- 1 large Shallot
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 large Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- In large pot add all ingredients except salt, pepper, hot water and butter. Cook all ingredients until fully cooked. Let cool completely and either blend in a standing blender or hand blender until very smooth. Return to stovetop and bring to a boil. Add hot water and butter and Add salt and pepper to taste. Let boil for 10 minutes under low to medium heat. Serve immediately as an appetizer or add a smooth hearty soup.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.