This Simple Immune-Boosting Citrus Smoothie is not only delicious and easy to make, but it only requires 6 ingredients. The smoothie is loaded with vitamin C and made with healthy fruits, including pineapple, orange, mandarin, and grapefruit.
If you’re looking for a high dose of Vitamin C and healthy antioxidants, don’t look any further; make this recipe! This Citrus Smoothie makes an excellent breakfast beverage and a quick and refreshing drink anytime.
The ingredients you will need to make this healthy immune-boosting smoothie:
There are many immune-boosting fruits and vegetables available at your local market. It is a matter of learning and knowing the best way to consume them so you get their full potential.
- Pineapple: a popular tropical fruit, rich in manganese, copper, and vitamins B6, helps with digestion, and helps reduced inflammation.
- Orange: a popular fruit around the world, and has a high content of vitamin C and potassium.
- Mandarin: packed with vitamin C, fiber, and other essential nutrients; rich in copper and helps with digestion, skin, and diabetes.
- Grapefruit: low in calories and high in nutrients; a rich source of imporatant antioxidant and vitamin C.
- Sweetener: honey, sugar or agave will do
- Ginger: ground ginger is better
- Nutmeg: adds a cive flavor to the beverage
- Vanilla Extract: in Haiti and othe the Caribbean we love our vanilla extract. Lemonade is a popular beverage haitians love adding the extract.
How to make this delicious citrus smoothie recipe
Combine pineapple, orange, grapefruit, mandarin, and ice in a blender. Add ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla extract if using as well as a sweetener such as honey, sugar, agave or cane sugar. Blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for later use.
Tips and Notes
- Storing this smoothie and any other type of smoothie is easy. Pour the leftover in an ice tray or your preferred container and store in the refrigerator for later use. The freezer temperature will help with the consistency.
- This smoothie is full of pulp. You can either blend the fruits together first and then add the ice cubes and the remaining ingredients. If you don’t mind the pulp, have yourself a healthy drink.
- ½ of a Pineapple skin removed and cut into chunks
- 1 Orange peeled, seeded, and quartered
- 1 Grapefruit peeled, seeded, and quartered
- 2 Mandarin oranges peeled, seeded, and quartered
- a handful of ice to taste
- Dash of powdered ginger
- Dash of grated nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Sugar or honey to taste
- Combine all ingredients and ice in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
- Storing this smoothie and any other type of smoothie is easy. Pour the leftover in an ice tray or your preferred container and store it in the refrigerator for later use. The freezer temperature will help with the consistency.
- This smoothie is full of pulp. You can blend the fruits first and then add the ice cubes and the remaining ingredients. If you don’t mind the pulp, have yourself a healthy drink.
- This recipe can serve 2 – 4 or more people depending on the size of the glass.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.