Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean Soup with Ham is packed with flavor! Made with dried Cannelini Beans, leftover roasted ham, spices, seasoning, and fresh tomatoes, it is one of the best comfort and easy soup you can easily make for your family.
This Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean Soup with Ham with not take you a long time to prepare. You will find several recipes recommending to precook the vegetables, and soak the dried beans. This soup does not!
Cannellini beans are sold dried and cooked in cans. These beans make the best white bean puree or soup.
Dried beans take a long time to cook compared to canned beans. If you are not in a hurry cooking dried bean is the healthiest way to enjoy them. Cannellini Bean Soup is great comfort food and perfect on cold days.
Ever wondered what to do with the bone from your roasted ham, or whole pork shoulder? Try it in soup! The best part about using the bone after roasting your ham is that it has tons of flavor.
This is one of those soups you look forward to. The beans, ham slices, ham bone are simmered in a flavorful broth in a slow cooker.
how to make bean soup?
This is one of the easiest bean soup you will ever make. It is also a no-fuss soup
Prepare and measure all the ingredients
Add the beans first to the slow cooker
Top with the ham bone
Add the remaining ingredients and top with tomatoes and seasonings.
All DONE in your slow cooker on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
tips and variations?
- No need to soak the beans. But if you prefer, you can soak them in water overnight (at least 8-12 hours)
- Other types of beans: regular white beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, kidney red beans, black beans, navy beans, etc..,
- Canned beans: use only for convenience. Cooking time will be shorter
- No need to precook the vegetables. Add everything in the slow cooker and let the ingredients do their part.
- Use leftover holiday ham bone, ham hocks or ham shank
- Add leafy vegetables such as spinach, or kale
- Add other types of vegetables such as cabbage, frozen peas,
- Us fresh tomatoes for a richer flavor
How to serve Cannalleni Bean Soup?
- Serve the soup as is
- Serve the soup with white rice
- Puree part of the soup (1/2 of the beans only) in a blender to achieve a smooth and silky texture. Mix everything together and serve
- Serve the soup with toasted or plain bread
looking for more soup recipes? try these!
- Creamy Chickpeas, Kale and Andouille Sausage Soup
- Calabaza Squash Soup with Beef and Veggies
- Green Peas Puree, simple and delicious
Here’s the recipe: