Can’t figure out why you don’t really like salmon? I can probably answer that question for you. Salmon is very healthy, and that is the main reason. Anything that is good for us, we tend to find many reasons why we don’t like them. The best thing to do is to find ways to consume them in such a way that mentally we won’t even think about the reasons why we don’t like salmon for example. Just in case if you needed convincing; here are ten reasons why should eat salmon.
1) Maintain Brain Health: Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which known to support brain function by increasing the memory, relax the brain and prevent age-related decline in brain function which induced Alzheimer’s disease.
2) Improve Eye Health: Since salmon high in omega three fatty acids and amino acids, they contribute to improving eye health and prevent macular degeneration, dryness, and fatigue of eyes.
3) Protect body against Free Radicals: Salmon is an excellent source of selenium, a mineral that helps safeguard the body from free radical damage, which can weaken cells and leave them vulnerable to infections and other diseases.
4) Reduce High Blood Pressure: Salmon helps control high blood pressure. It provides protection against heart attack and stroke.
5) Prevent Heart Disease: Omega-3 helps in lowering the level of triglycerides, which in turn reduce the risk of heart disease.
6) Protect Skin: Omega-3 is also known to have an anti-inflammatory effect. It can protect skin against sunburn as well as skin cancer.
7) Protect Digestive Tract and Prevent Cancer: Salmon is healthy for the digestive tract and offer protection against some types of cancer. People eat salmon have less chance of developing cancer in the breast, colon, esophagus, pharynx, pancreas, mouth, ovary, stomach and rectum.
8) Reduce Depression: The omega-3 in salmon helps in reducing depression and thus keeps a person in a good mood.
9) Protect body against Kidney Cancer: Like other fatty fish, Salmon is helpful against kidney cancer. It is effective in defending against renal cell carcinoma, which is the most common kidney cancer form.
10) Reduce the risk of Leukemia: Eating salmon is also effective in reducing the risk of leukemia, multiple myeloma, and non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
***Benefits content taken from http://www.ehealthzine.com/10-health-benefits-of-salmon.html ***
Have I convinced you yet? I hope I did. Just in case in you are wondering how to make it taste good! Are you aware that once you know exactly the right spices that compliment the taste of fresh salmon, you will be astonished at your creations? For example, fennel is superb with salmon. Just garlic, salt, pepper and a little bit of ground roasted fennel or regular ground fennel and you have a delicious salmon dish. Add a little kick such as smoke paprika, a little bit of cayenne pepper or a good hot sauce (Men Pa’w Gourmet Hot Sauce) and you will again feel as if you are eating a tasty and delicious meal out of this world.
If you happen to have fresh herbs, ou la la! That’s it! You have won the jackpot. Just the right mixture and you will wow yourself and your guests if you are entertaining. Next time don’t pass off on fresh salmon. By a few fresh fillets and enjoy as you should. And don’t forget, it is very healthy, and you won’t regret cooking a delicious meal. Just don’t overcook it. Have fun and enjoy Spiced-Rubbed Salmon an adapted version from William-Sonoma.