The perfect Glazed Carrots recipe! What is better than a delicious and tasty carrot side dish at the dinner table? Carrot is one of the most versatile vegetables to cook anytime. Raw, boiled, baked, juiced, or roasted, carrots are so delicious that even small children enjoy them. Most of the ones I know at least. 🙂
A carrot dish, can make its presence at the dinner table anytime during the year and still receive the WOW look. Full of great health benefits, carrots make their presence also in many types of salads. This lovely veggie is also used as a cooking tip.
When roasting meat or poultry, place 2 or 3 carrot sticks on the bottom of the pan. The carrots will prevent the meat or poultry from sticking to the bottom of the pan or crockpot. Used also as a flavoring, the veggie or fruit as I refer to it sometimes helps with moisture. It helps keep the meat moist.
Let’s talk recipe
There are several recipes for glazed carrots and each is different. The success of a glazed carrot recipe is timing. Cooking the veggie too long will make the dish somewhat not appetizing. When cooked and still a bit crunchy, they taste much better in my opinion. And they also retain their sweetness much longer.
The secret is the right mixture of Butter, Garlic and a hint of Hot and Spicy Pineapple Sauce
Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple Sauce bring out the sweetness in the carrots. The method of melting the butter is very simple. Always start first at 10 seconds and add 5 seconds intervals until the butter is fully melted. Fresh garlic is then added to the melted butter. The hot sauce and the honey follow and soon you will have an aromatic and tangy sauce to drizzle over the carrots.
The carrots are then placed in a baking dish and baked covered in the oven. When covered the homemade sauce does not dry out quickly. The carrots will also create their own juice.
Serving your dish
Like any other vegetable recipe, this dish can be served with any entree. It is well received during the holidays and especially during Thanksgiving when you are looking for something quick and cheap to cook. You can choose to top it off with chopped parsley of scallion for a festive look. Add other side dishes to compliment your roasted meat.
- 12 medium to large carrots cut or sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter salted, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an oven safe baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave proof small bowl, place butter and melt at intervals of 7 – 10 seconds. Combine butter, garlic, hot pepper sauce.
- Wash carrots thoroughly. Remove the skin and slice. Place carrots inside the dish and pour your melted butter mixture all over them. Using a spoon adjust carrots until all of them are coated.
- Bake, covered, for 40 – 50 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Adjust or baste carrots periodically. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate or just serve from your baking dish.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.