Spicy Poached Salmon Steaks: Of all the ways there are to cook salmon steaks, poaching is the easiest. Just create an aromatic poaching mixture and cook the salmon steaks to perfection. And you are done! Voila! Spicy Poached Salmon Steaks for dinner.
The poaching liquid is prepared with oil, onion, garlic, habanero pepper, dill, thyme, parsley, cloves, salt, black pepper and champagne vinegar. No fuss, very easy and super quick and easy. Perfect for diner with a side of vegetables and fried plantains.
- 6 salmon steaks
- 1 cup of oil flavored lemon oil preferred
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 small habanero pepper chopped finely
- Sprigs of dill - about 1/3 of a cup - chopped roughly
- 4 full parsley sprigs - chopped roughly
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a large pan with the exception of the salmon steaks. Stir to mix all spices and oil. Arrange steaks on top of poaching liquid. Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Uncover, gently stir and turn salmon steaks over, and continue to cook for another 7 to 10 minutes until salmon steaks are thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and serve immediately.