This steak sandwich with spicy mayo recipe is easy to make and tastes sooooo good. Each bite of the combination of thinly sliced ribeye steak, spicy mayo, and pickled red onions is a unique burst of flavor.
This is the perfect recipe for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. It is simple and does not require much work in the kitchen. The steak sandwich with a spicy mayo recipe is so easy to make even a beginner cook would not have any problem making it. The ribeye steak is thinly sliced, tender, and juicy. The spicy mayo adds a nice kick of flavor, and the pickled red onions add a sour and tangy note to balance the flavors.
Making the steak sandwich with spicy mayo
The best steak sandwich requires good bread and tasty condiments. The meat on the sandwich should be seasoned. The condiments add the final touch of flavor that makes a sandwich delicious.
The best bread for this type of sandwich is a crusty baguette or firm and crusty bread. You can also use sourdough, whole wheat, ciabatta or even Italian bread. If you don’t have any of these options, you can also use regular white but it must be toasted bread. When toasted, the bread is firmer and will hold the ingredients better.
It will also be easier to spread the spicy mayo, and the sandwich will keep its shape longer when all the ingredients are piled up between the slices. Brioche bread is also a good option and toasting it is much better.
The ribeye steak thinly sliced is the star of the show. It must be thinly sliced to absorb the seasoning Having a thick piece of meat in a sandwich is not appetizing.
I recommend thinly sliced ribeye steak for the sandwich. This is one of my favorite cuts of beef because it’s tender and flavorful. You can also use other cuts if you don’t have ribeye. Whatever meat you can afford will do – just remember to thinly slice the meat if it is whole.
Best veggies to add:
- Lettuce leaves
- spinach leaves
Other options you may want to try:
- cucumber slices
- Aragula leaves
- fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or basil
The condiment or spread
Spicy mayo is perfect to use as a spread. It’s light and creamy and goes well with meat and veggies. You can also add ketchup or mustard if you want if you prefer not to use a spicy mayo.
Pickled onion or camerilized onion. You may want to add cheese.
- To make the spicy mayo, simply combine mayonnaise, NouBess hot sauce and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Cook the steak slices with the seasonings.
- To assemble your sandwich, spread some spicy mayo on both sides of the bread, then layer the sliced ribeye steak, pickled red onions, and arugula leaves.
- Enjoy with a nice tall glass of lemon juice.
If you’re looking for a quick dinner idea for tonight, this steak sandwich is. If you have quality ingredients in your refrigerator and pantry, this recipe shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes from start to finish. And don’t forget to save any leftover steak for hearty salad.
For the steak
For the sandwich
- Bread of your choice
- Pickled Red Onion (recipe link in the notes)
- Spicy Mayo (recipe link in the notes)
- Baby spinach arugula or lettuce leaves
- Tomatoes slices
- Place the steaks on a plate.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the steak slices.
- Sprinkle NouBess Steak Seasoning and salt if using. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over high heat then grill the steaks on both sides for a couple of minutes 2 – 3 minutes maximum. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- With your bread of choice, spread the Spicy Mayo on both sides.
- Top the bottom slice of the bread with the arugula or spinach, tomato slices, grilled steak, and pickled onions..
- Serve immediately.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.