Easy Steamed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
If you are unsure what to make as a side dish for the holidays, make steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes platter.
A simple and inexpensive way to enjoy healthy side dishes during the holidays is to steam vegetables and roast potatoes. A delicious and simple way to create a healthy meal that is a favorite with both kids and adults.
Eat your veggies! We hear that very often. Vegetables are loaded with nutrients that your body craves. Switch up the flavor of your usual vegetable side dishes with this recipe for steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes.
This dish features a healthy pairing of carrots, string beans, and potatoes, plus you can add whatever variety of vegetables you like to vary the recipe. Make more to bring them to work, or serve them alongside grilled chicken breasts for a nutritious lunch that will fill you up. You can use tiny fingerling potatoes or small red potatoes, but avoid boiling larger potatoes as they will be too soft to roast properly.
Together, these flavors will create a satisfying and memorable dish for the whole family or your guests.
How to make Steamed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
The best thing about this dish is that it requires almost no effort at all. First,
- Cook the Carrots with butter, salt, pepper, and a little bit of water under low heat for 10 to 15 minutes covered.
- Steamed vegetables (string beans) are tossed with salt, pepper, and oil.
- Roasted Potatoes are prepared with salt, pepper, and a mixture of fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, and chopped garlic if you want, or just salt and pepper will suffice. Roasted in the oven at 425 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
How to serve
Instead of having the ingredients on separate serving platters or plates, use one large serving platter to save on space at the dinner table.
Recipe ideas to serve the vegetables with:
In short, steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes can be a great addition to your next Thanksgiving feast or get-together. Who said eating healthier had to be boring?
Hopefully, these tips will encourage you to look for ways to add more veggies and healthier options to your dishes!
Steamed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
- Carrots baby carrots or fancy carrots
- Potatoes mini potatoes, preferably
- String Beans fresh
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Rosemary
- Steamed Fancy Carrots cooked with butter, salt and pepper and a little bit of water under low heat for 10 to 15 minutes covered.
- Steamed Green Beans made with butter, salt, pepper, fresh chopped garlic, and a few drops of lemon juice for that tangy taste and a little bit of water. Cook turning occasionally on low heat for 15 – 20 minutes until tender but still crispy.
- Place potatoes on a prepared baking sheet, season with salt, pepper and drizzle olive oil, add thyme and rosemary. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.