Is Strawberry-Swirl Cheesecake Smoothie a drink or a dessert? It can be both and even a snack because of taste. I also think this drink is an excuse to cheat if you are craving for dessert. It tastes like cheesecake and is very refreshing. The first time I made it, I thought I was going to be disappointed. I was wrong.
Strawberry-Swirl Cheesecake Smoothie does taste like cheesecake except being creamy. It has the same smooth texture and is better enjoyable right away.
The kids in the family always ask for smoothies, parfaits and ice cream. Therefore, I am always on the lookout for recipes that will satisfy their little palette and make them happy. I found the recipe on Kraft.com one day while searching for a cheesecake recipe. I am still glad that I have found it after all this time because Strawberry-Swirl Cheesecake Smoothie is for me the perfect drink for kids and for grow-ups wanting to cheat with a dessert. It is quick to make and a winner all the time. By the way, try this recipe with frozen fresh strawberries instead of store bought.
Original Recipe is taken from http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/strawberry-swirl-cheesecake-smoothie-144652.aspx.
- 6 oz. 3/4 of 8-oz. pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar divided
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 7 graham crackers divided
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries slightly thawed
- BLEND cream cheese, milk, 3 Tbsp. sugar, vanilla and 6 crackers in blender until smooth. Pour all but about 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into liquid measuring cup. Reserve for later use.
- ADD strawberries and remaining sugar to remaining cream cheese mixture in blender; blend until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses.
- POUR reserved cream cheese mixture gently over strawberry mixture in glasses. Crumble remaining cracker; sprinkle over smoothies.
- SERVE immediately.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.