Last updated on July 29th, 2022 at 06:27 pm
Swiss Chard and Egg Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwich is a healthy and delicious meal. The perfect combination of carbs, protein, and antioxidants.
It is always fun to be off from work when the weather is lovely. After a long beautiful weekend, a healthy breakfast is the only way I can start this new week. My Swiss Chard and Egg Ciabatta Sandwich is the only way I can begin my morning because I know this week will be extended.
It is uncommon to have a leafy green vegetable like Swiss chard as part of breakfast. Many green vegetables are served either at lunchtime or during dinnertime. What if we start incorporating more greens in our breakfast? That would be super! But, wait! Who would be proud of me, proud of you? Um! I guess I will, and you would also be proud of yourselves. Doctors would certainly stop singing the healthy eating song. You know that song! The one always starts with “you need to eat your greens, exercise….” That one! I don’t blame them; they want the best for us; we are stubborn.
Swiss Chard is a unique and popular leafy green. Swiss Chard also contains antioxidants in broccoli, kale, strawberries, and many other foods. It is also very popular as spinach, rich in nutrients, and well-known worldwide.
Swiss Chard cooks very quickly, and eating the greener part of the leaf is recommended, not the white stem, because the stem is more rigid. Always add a leafy green vegetable to your diet and eat a healthy breakfast! Try my Swiss Chard and Egg Ciabatta Breakfast Sandwich.
- 1 bunch Swiss chard fresh, clean and cut small
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp italian seasonings or a combination of dried herbs spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 – 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Preferred Cheese optional
- In a skillet under low to medium heat, add oil, garlic and swiss chard. Mix well. Add dried seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Let swiss chard cook first and add very little water gradually to cook vegetable. Keep stirring and after 4 – 5 minutes, lower heat and cover and let cook for a few more minutes until fully cooked but still crunchy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare eggs. Cook according to your liking. Fried or scrambled.
- To arrange sandwiches: add swiss chard first following by egg for each sandwich. Add sliced cheese if preferred. Serve immediately or keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.