Tasty Anchovies, Capers Spaghetti, is the recipe of the day. Before you dismiss the idea of adding anchovies to your pasta, I have a wonderful tip for you! Anchovies Fillets have been getting somewhat of a bad rap simply because when people think fish, they automatically associated it with a bad smell or odor. It is the contrary! What may surprise you, is that when Anchovies Fillets are added to cooked dishes, they melt and leave the dish with a salty, spicy, lightly smoky flavor that is so wonderful that you will forget it is even there. My Tasty Anchovies, Capers Spaghetti recipe, is so simple that you will be surprised at the result.
I sincerely believe in buying good ingredients and good spices. That does not necessarily mean you need to break the bank to eat healthy and tasty foods. My Tasty Anchovies, Capers Spaghetti recipe, is made with spaghetti noodle, anchovies, capers, tomatoes, marinara sauce, and spices. All the ingredients you may already have in your cupboard to create a wonderful meal.
To tell you the truth, I was astonished the first time I cooked pasta with anchovies. My first reaction was, WOW! This taste like Haitian Spaghetti! It is the same reaction everyone I am getting from friends and family members. I don’t believe anyone can explain it clearly. You just have to try it!
Whether you are in a hurry or not sure what to cook for dinner, my Tasty Anchovies, Capers Spaghetti will satisfy everyone at the dinner table. You don’t even need a meat dish, just a side salad or veggies will do.
- 1 12 ounce package spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 2 oz can anchovies fillets
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 2 large perroncini peppers optional
- 1 cup tomatoes fresh or canned chopped
- 2 tbsp marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp capers rinsed
- black pepper to taste
- Boil spaghetti according to packaging instructions and cook al dente. While spaghetti is boiling, in a large skillet or pan, add oil, garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic is just golden. Add the anchovies, and mash them into the garlic with a folk. Add the tomatoes, capers, peppers and marinara sauce. Stir well and cook over moderate heat.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and turn the spaghetti into the sauce. Raise the heat and cook 3-4 minutes turning the pasta constantly. Sprinkle with black pepper, stir and serve.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.