Last updated on March 26th, 2022 at 09:12 pm
Cheesy Steak Sandwiches, warm melted cheese, juicy well-seasoned steak strips in fresh pita bread.
Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? How about Steak Pita Pockets or Steak Sandwiches? If you love red meat, then a nice juicy steak, whether served with sides dishes are bread, should always be welcome on the dinner table. No rice and beans, legumes, or even a pasta dish should steer anyone away from a delicious sandwich.
An excellent cut of beef makes the best sandwiches, in my opinion. This recipe is budget-friendly. It takes sirloin steak, one of the best cuts of beef, and transforms it into a delicious and finger-linking good weeknight meal. You can also purchase an excellent cut from London Broil and grill it to perfection. Whichever cuts you choose, dinner will still be delicious.
If you choose to buy a London Broil, you only have one piece of meat to season and cook. Once the meat is perfectly cooked, it is crucial to let it rest. Large portions of meat and especially beef, need time to rest to retain moisture. The meat is then cut into slices, and you can start building your sandwich with your favorite condiments.
What you need to cook the steaks
Let’s get down to business! A good steak needs flavor. Why should you be satisfied with the usual salt and pepper? Have you ever cooked steak with lemon-infused olive oil or blood-orange-infused olive oil? It would be best to try it once, and I promise you won’t regret it.
Talking about flavors, you cannot go wrong with a good steak seasoning. Noubess Steak Seasoning is not only flavorful; it contains absolutely no sodium. It is full of flavors, and you won’t miss the salt. How about that? You will taste some salt from the pita bread or whatever bread you choose and from the cheese.
The steaks or steak are seasoned well with a mixture of Noubess Steak Seasoning, storebought blood orange olive oil, and Noubess Hot and Spicy Original with Herbs. No need to marinate the steaks overnight, just a few minutes, and that’s all you need.
How to cook your Sirloin or London Broil steaks
You can use a hot sizzle pan or a barbecue grill to prepare the steaks. After cleaning and seasoning your meat cuts, the steaks are cooked for a few minutes on each side on a hot sizzling pan. Be sure to let the steaks rest for a few minutes before cutting. You can add the cheese while the steak is cooking or after.
The London Broil will take longer to cook because it is a thicker meat cut. Always cook the steak on a very hot pan for proper cooking temperature. You also want to spray your pan or griddle to avoid sticking while the meat is grilling. A rule of thumb for cooking a steak is never turning the meat too early. Be patient and wait!
Assembling your steak sandwiches
Assembling the steak sandwiches is easy. A delicious spread or a dip for the steak sandwiches sounds heavenly good. I used mayonnaise, ketchup, honey mustard, honey, and Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango with Herbs. Before building the pita pockets, I recommend spreading the mixture evenly inside the bread for more flavor. Suppose you choose regular bread, same process. Spread the mixture on your buns, and you are ready to build the most delicious sandwich you ever had.
Serve these steak sandwiches with a salad or even fruits to create a unique and delicious dinner meal.
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Noubess Steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Original with Herbs
- 4 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil or blood orange infused olive oil
- 4 pounds beef sirloin about ½ inch thick each or 1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) London Broil, should be about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 6- ounce package fresh watercress or arugula
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 4 6- inch pitas cut in half or pocketless pitas
- Havarti cheese – about 8 slices
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; season the steak(s) thoroughly and let marinate for about 5 minutes.
- For London broil: place London Broil on grill. Grill for 1 minute and then flip over. Continue to flip every minute or so and until temperature reaches 125 degrees for medium rare or 130 degrees for medium. Total cooking time should be 5 to 9 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Cut steak across grain into thin slices. (if the meat is looks under cook for your liking, place the slices in a hot pan prayed with oil, and cook for one minute per side and not longer.
- For sirloin steaks: heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steaks uncovered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°.
- To make spread: in a small bowl, mix tablespoons mayonnaise, ketchup, honey mustard
- Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango and honey.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread mixture inside pita bread or regular buns or your preferred bread, arrange meat, arugula or watercress and cheese.
- If you want melted cheese, return sliced steaks to hot pan. Place cheese on top of meat and let melt. Remove promptly one cheese starts to melt to the steaks don’t overcook.
- Serve with a side of salad, fruit or soup.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.