One-bowl meal, one-pot meal or one sheet-pan meal is on the rise and has a lot to do with convenience. It’s easy to get all the ingredients in one container but figuring flavor might be a challenge. I have it all figured out for you.
Tuna Salad is a quick meal you can make for lunch and even dinner. Many people prefer adding mayonnaise to their tuna salad for taste. Another ingredient, lemon juice is necessary not only for taste but aroma as well.
Lemon juice is one of the most favored secret ingredients for seafood. How about learning a new secret ingredient that will knock your socks off?
Gemma’s Gourmet Hot Sauces! How about it? No matter how creative or spontaneous you want to be, adding any one of the Gemma’s Gourmet Hot Sauces flavors, will add lots of delicious flavors to your salad.
This special tuna salad is very basic. A few drops of lemon juice and about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of my mango gourmet hot sauce is the perfect spice to season your tuna fish.
Although there’s not much to making tuna salad with romaine lettuce, adding a little bit of sweetness and more crunch will balance out the meal. For this salad, I chose to add pomegranate seeds. They are crunchy, delicious, juicy and full of antioxidants.
I like using water packed-tuna but if you prefer to use oil-packed tuna, by all means, use that. I think adding water-packed tuna to lettuce and fruits adds a much cleaner taste in my opinion.
What you benefit from
You’ve got protein from the tuna, your spoonful of vitamin C & K from the Romaine Lettuce, a healthy dose of fiber and anti-inflammatory properties from the Pomegranate Seeds and lots of bold flavors from my Mango Gourmet Hot Sauce. Oh! And let’s not forget about the Avocado, another healthy ingredient full of healthy benefits.
No need to add mayonnaise or even mustard. A simple way of enjoying a quick salad for lunch.
- 1 head romaine Lettuce cleaned and chopped
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1- 7 oz can of Tuna
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon mango hot sauce
- 2 handfuls of Baby Spinach leaves
- 1 Shallots sliced
- 1 handful of Pomegranate seeds
- Thoroughly wash lettuce and spinach and use salad spinner to dry if preferred. Shoppe lettuce leaves. Add leaves(lettuce and spinach) to a large bowl.
- Remove water from tuna and add to a bowl. Mix about ? to ¼ teaspoon Mango Gourmet Hot Sauce, leaving a few chunks intact. Spread over lettuce and spinach.
- Add avocado, sliced shallots and pomegranate.
- You can mix all the ingredients if preferred.
- Serve alone for lunch or dinner or as a side dish.