Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple Sauce, an appetizer or a main dish that is sure to please the pickiest eaters. It is delicious, sweet and spicy.
I love appetizers that can be turned into a main dish. Can I repeat it? I love appetizers and especially when they are small, served as finger foods or served on small plates. I find appetizers to be more delicate and more flavorful. When cooking with ground turkey, the right blend of spices is necessary. But what about adding a different type of sauce? That is what I did with these turkey meatballs.
I sometimes buy already made fruit sauces because let’s face it, does anyone have time to keep stirring and cooking sugar and fruits. That process takes so long that I would instead take the easy route. And by the way, if I am not making jam or jelly, what’s the point?
These Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple Sauce are delish! I find them to be the perfect appetizer for kids because of their semi-sweet taste and the perfect appetizer to impress someone with your cooking skills because turkey meat is not easy to cook. I will always say that a good spice mix with some lemon or lime juice goes a long way.
Use the right spices and condiments in turkey meatballs
These fantastic turkey meatballs can also be served as a main dish as mentioned earlier. Serve a couple with your favorite side dish, and you will enjoy the perfect meal that compliments the right balance of spices and fruits.
Adding salt-free poultry seasoning is recommended if you are trying to reduce sodium in your meals. Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple with Herbs make an entry that is unforgettable. Turkey needs spices, taste, and flavor. Noubess condiments and spices make everything together in the right way, a tasty and delicious appetizer.
So, next time you are in the mood to impress someone, or want your kids to enjoy turkey, try my Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple Sauce recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Noubess Poultry Seasoning seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup panko plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cup pineapple sauce store bought
- 1/4 teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple with Herbs hot sauce
- Add all ingredients with the exception of the pineapple sauce and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth for about 2 – 3 minutes. Transfer turkey mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and form small shaped meatballs – about 20 to 24. In a large skillet, add the other tablespoon of olive oil and when heated add meatballs. Brown the meatballs on all sides. You may have to brown meatballs in batches if pan is not large enough. Add all meatballs to pan and add pineapple sauce. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes stirring occasionally and until the turkey meatballs are cooked thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
Originally published October 13, 2013. Revised to add Noubess Condiments and Seasoning for a tastier appetizer.