Tender veal pieces perfectly cooked in a tomato, peppers and mushroom sauce. A quick and easy weeknight veal recipe dinner entree.
Weeknight dinner should not take long to make. After a long day at work, no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen cooking. Recipes that include veal or chicken are ideal for dinner.
Is veal the same as beef?
Veal is the meat from a calf or young beef animal. Veal meat is more tender than beef meat. The taste is also milder and delicate and therefore, veal needs aromatic seasoning or fresh herbs.
What’s in the veal recipe
The veal recipe includes the following ingredients:
- boneless veal
- bell peppers
- tomato sauce
- Noubess Steak Seasoning
- Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce
- Noubess Lemon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
How to make Veal with peppers and mushrooms
To season the veal, I used Noubess Steak Seasoning. This particular seasoning is salt-free making it ideal for meat recipes including tomato sauce. For a spicier taste, I also used Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango with Herbs to enhance the flavors of the tomato sauce. For a smooth finished I drizzled Noubess Lemon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil. One of the most delicious and tasty veal recipes.
The taste of the Veal with Peppers and Mushrooms recipe is exquisite as the Noubess hot sauce is divine with tomato sauce. Have you ever had a tomato sauce that you just wanted to eat with bread? This mixture does it for me. Hot sauce with tomato sauce is my latest crave. And, please you should know that not all hot sauces can deliver. Noubess hot sauces do deliver!
- Season the veal with Noubess Steak Seasoning
- Pan-sear the meat with olive oil in a heated skillet or pan
- Slice a mixture of bell peppers and mushroom to add to the dish
- Add tomato sauce (I used Bertolli Organic Tomato and Basil Tomato Sauce)
- Add Onion
- Season to taste with Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango with Herbs blend
- Drizzle a few drops of Noubess Infused Lemon Extra Virgin Oil before serving the dish for a yummy finish
Tips and Recipe Variations
- This recipe is versatile: use other types of meat such as chicken, steak strips, fish or sausages
- Add other vegetables: broccoli, spinach, cabbage, carrots or chayote
- A must: always season your meat, poultry or seafood before cooking
- Use a good tomato sauce: I use Barilla tomato sauce (my favorite brand of tomato sauce to use)
- Add wine: for a more exquisite taste and a darker sauce color, add red wine. (I use pinot noir, malbec or a smooth merlot
How to serve this Veal with Peppers and Mushrooms Recipe
Starchy foods are perfect with meat and tomato sauce dishes. The tomato sauce will coat the pasta noodles making them very appetizing. To better enjoy grains dishes, normally a sauce is needed to keep the moisture.
If I am in the mood for roasted veal, I serve the dish with a creole sauce to go with my rice dish. You can also serve your veal recipe with boiled provisions or boiled roots, which take much faster to cook.
This veal recipe has been adapted and updated from The Spruce East, Veal with Peppers and Mushrooms. https://www.thespruceeats.com/veal-and-peppers-3061964 – It is noted on the website that it is also Italian inspired because of the tomato sauce.
You can add other vegetables to the sauce to create other healthier meals inspiration. This veal recipe freezes very well. Just remember to reheat the dish very well before serving.
- 1 1/2 pounds veal (boneless lean
- 1 ½ tbsp Noubess Steak Seasoning Salt-Free
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, (Portobello preferred) fresh, sliced
- ½ tsp Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 onion julienne
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut the veal into bite-size pieces or thin strips.
- Mix one tablespoon olive oil with the Noubess Steak Seasoning and season the veal strips with the seasoning mix. Set aside
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and gently brown the veal strips.
- When the veal strips are browned, add the red and green bell peppers and mushrooms, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Noubess Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce, onion and tomato sauce to the skillet.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 to 45 minutes longer, or until the veal is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.