Watermelon Lemonade is the perfect Summer drink. Or better yet, the perfect all-year-round drink for whenever you are in the mood for watermelon. I know watermelon is not an all-year-round fruit, but with the help of technology we can create greenhouses and grow individual plants, veggies and fruits anytime during the year.
I love mixing fruity drinks with extract and liquor. So, one day I wanted to bring our the taste of the lemonade, and I decided to add just a hint of limoncello liquor. Yummy, is how I can describe it. You don’t have to add a lot to taste the lemon.
I love entertaining my friends and family and seeing their faces and listen to the different guesses they come up with when I offer or feed them something new. This is a drink you can serve when entertaining guests at a barbecue because watermelon is usually large.
Photo credit: depositphoto.
Watermelon is one on the best fruits that will satisfy your thirst.
Watermelon Lemonade is very refreshing, simple and easy to make. Just a good size watermelon and fresh squeezed lemonade and you have an excellent beverage to quench your thirst. I have added about ¼ cup limoncello just to give it that special and unique taste that I sometimes crave. Enjoy a refreshing beverage while the days are still hot and the sun is warm.
- 6 cups - 1 inch pieces seedless watermelon
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemoncello lemon liquor
- 1/2 cup organic sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- Working in 2 batches, blend half of watermelon, lemon juice limoncello and sugar in blender until smooth. Transfer to pitcher. Make second batch and transfer to pitcher. Either serve over ice or without ice. Garnish with mint leaves if preferred.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.