October is National Pasta month, and I am ready to indulge in my favorite pasta recipes. Fettucine, rigatoni, linguine, lasagne, macaroni, tagliatelle, penne, … the list is too long to mention all types of pasta. Besides your regular refined pasta noddles, you can also find whole wheat pasta, quinoa pasta, spelt pasta, brown rice pasta, buckwheat noodles, and sprouted grain pasta. Each contains different levels of protein and vitamins and are tasty in their own way.
I am so ready to keep creating new recipes, finding newly shaped noodles and tasting new sauces. My pasta pot, my pasta fork, and pasta spoon are ready. For now, here are some recipe links that will inspire you. A collection of tasty Caribbean inspired pasta meals to make this October.
The recipes links:
- An Easy Way to Cook Pasta
- My Own Version of Haitian Spaghetti
- Vegan Caribbean Style Stuffed Shells
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Stovetop Ground Turkey with Pasta
- Baked Vegetable Lasagna
- Spaghetti with Milk
- Ground Turkey Lasagna
- Whole Wheat Rotini Pasta with Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Spaghetti with Garlic and Mushrooms
- Fettucine with Scallion Cheddar Sauce
- Ditalini Pasta Salad with Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
- Linguine with Carrots in a Cheese and Savory Sauce
- Easy Rigatoni Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Easy Linguine with Langoustines and Alfredo Sauce
Each recipe above is unique. Pasta noodles are usually cooked with different types of sauce, vegetables, and seafood. Whatever way you choose to cook your noodles, make sure you add enough seasoning. Usually, you would boil the pasta before adding any meat sauce or white sauce, and if so, make sure you season the water. And if you are making a pasta salad, you need to season the water before adding the pasta. Seasoning the noodles will avoid eating bland food.