Your favorite soup recipe is always the one you think about when someone says soup. Soups are considered comfort foods in any culture. They are made with meat and without. Most people prefer their soup with tons of vegetables.
No other meals can compare to soups because they are the ultimate one-pot meals. With the right mixture of proteins and vegetables in a delicious broth, it is no wonder that soups are by far one of the easiest and quick meals to prepare. Soups are not only easy and quick meals; they are also healthy and perfect for all seasons.
A bowl of chicken soup is also considered a home remedy. It is no wonder that soup is a popular dish in all cuisines
One of the best ways to prepare a delicious soup is to make sure you use the right herbs and spices. With Noubess condiments and spices, preparing a flavorful broth is easy. And if you want meat, poultry, or seafood, no problem either. Packed with natural flavors, Noubess condiments and spices will have your family members or friends asking for a second bowl of soup.
Tips for making your favorite soup recipe
- Always cook your meat or poultry separately from the vegetables. Usually the meat will cook first with tons of herbs and spices and the vegetables are added after.
- It is best to sweat aromatic vegetables, herbs, and spices such as fresh garlic, onion, celery, thyme, parsley, and carrots.
- Consider the cooking time of each ingredient. The larger the ingredients, the longer cooking time will be.
- Season your stock or broth well and only add hot water when necessary. (best way to keep the flavors intact and especially for the meat)
- Add the right pasta noodle. Also, it would be a good idea if the size would match the size of the vegetables.
- Once the soup starts to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer so all the ingredients can absorb all the flavors and cook evenly. This is no time to rush the cooking process.
- Use a good pot. This is an essential part of cooking. A good pot or saucepan will help all the ingredients evenly. Usually a heavy bottom large stockpot or saucepan is recommended.
We’ve gathered a few of our recipes. Check out this collection of healthy soup recipes
- SOUP JOUMOU (SOUPE DE GIRAUMON OR PUMPKIN SOUP), a smooth and healthy soup made with beef, vegetables, and spices. Serve at breakfast time to experience the Haitian popular tradition on New Year’s Day and Sunday mornings.
- FISH AND SWEET POTATOES SOUP is a healthy and hearty soup. Made with fish (any firm flesh fish), sweet potatoes (yams), fish stock, yogurt, and spices.
- HOW TO MAKE HAITIAN BREAD SOUP: a hearty and simple soup that is mostly prepared when someone is under the weather. Made with bread and a mixture of vegetables.
- BANANA (PLANTAIN) CREAM SOUP OU VELOUTE DE BANANES, is a Caribbean dish that is best enjoyed hot. It is made with ripped plantains, potatoes, leek, onion, and spices.
- FENNEL AND WHITE BEAN SOUP made with dried white beans that have been soaked and cooked to create a more healthy and delicious dish. This soup is perfect on cold days.
- SPANISH CHICKPEA SOUP WITH CHORIZO, PAPRIKA, AND SAFFRON very filling, full of vegetables such as carrots, celery, spinach, etc., superfood chickpeas.
- CREAMY CHICKPEAS, KALE, AND ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE SOUP recipe are for a hearty soup made with andouille sausage, cooked chickpeas, and chopped kale, along with flavors of the Caribbean. This soup makes a delicious meal with toasted or warm bread.
Looking for more soup recipes, view more here.