Sweet, flavorful and easy to make; the perfect Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie to start your day, packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup roasted cashews peanuts, or almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 oz. semi sweet dark chocolate bar break into small pieces
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk coconut, almond or regular milk
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar light
Place frozen fruit into a blender and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. This will allow the fruit to thaw slightly for easy blending.
Add yogurt, nuts (cashews, peanuts or almonds), cocoa powder, chocolate pieces, nutmeg, and milk and agave nectar. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- If you are using fresh fruit, I recommend adding a few ice cubes to thicken the smoothie.
- If you do not have agave nectar, I recommend using honey. Use 1 tablespoon of honey or if you have a sweet tooth, use 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of honey. If using the cream of honey, use 1 tablespoon.
Calories: 2135kcalCarbohydrates: 176gProtein: 36gFat: 145gSaturated Fat: 78gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 48gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 173mgPotassium: 2721mgFiber: 34gSugar: 99gVitamin A: 438IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 523mgIron: 37mg
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.