Easy to make sweet Apple, Red Onion, and Dried Cranberry Chutney works very well with turkey, chicken, duck, and is even a great accompaniment for your cheese platter
- 3 apples peeled, cored, and diced, such as Fuji, Golden Delicious, or Honey Crisp
- 1 large or 2 medium red onions halved and sliced
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir to mix, cover with the lid, and cook on HIGH for about 6 hours or until thick.
Transfer the chutney to a clean dry mason jar and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You may substitute the dried cranberries with dried cherries.
Calories: 1369kcalCarbohydrates: 350gProtein: 3gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 652mgFiber: 22gSugar: 301g
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.