Super easy to make and deliciously fall of the bone rich Oxtail Stew with Lima Beans and Spinach!
- 2 ½ pound of oxtail cleaned
- 1 14.5 oz can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 10 oz jar roasted bell peppers roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped/minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme or 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon seasoning
- 2-3 tbsp Thai curry paste either red curry paste or garlic curry paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Oil optional
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp Coconut amino
- Salt and pepper or Mrs. Dash Original to taste
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup lima beans
Clean the oxtail and remove some of the fat.
Place the oxtail inside the slow cooker or crockpot.
Add all the stewed tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, chicken bouillon, Thai Curry Paste, lemon juice, and oil if using.
Cook on high for 3 hours
Add spinach and lima beans, and season to taste.
Continue cooking for another hour.
Serve hot with your preferred side dish
- Oxtail is in the singular form because this recipe only required one. If you want to make it, more adjust the seasoning.
- There is no need to add cornstarch or flour to thicken the sauce. The lima beans will thicken the sauce.
- Make sure the meat is fully thawed before starting
- You can use beef broth if you want. I find chicken broth to be tastier than beef broth and less salty.
- There's no need to sear the oxtail before adding the pieces into the slow cooker.
Calories: 3436kcalCarbohydrates: 129gProtein: 383gFat: 157gSaturated Fat: 62gCholesterol: 1247mgSodium: 7992mgFiber: 43gSugar: 31g
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.