Tangy, sweet, and flavorful, this French Carrot Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette is the perfect side dish for weeknights dinner. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lbs carrots peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 finely sliced scallions or 1tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
Wash the carrots well and remove the shin
Shred the carrots in a food processor and set them aside.
Chopped parsley and scallions and set them aside.
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl in a whisk.
Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the shredded carrots, add the chopped parsley and chopped scallions, and toss well.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can use regular carrots or multicolored carrots when they are in season.
- Check the carrots for sweetness before adding the honey. You may have to adjust the amount.
- Variation for the vinaigrette: add garlic, chive, or crushed red peppers.
Calories: 119kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 254mgPotassium: 400mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 19175IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.