Sweet, slightly crispy, and mouthwatering, these air fryer sweet plantains are great as a snack or a side dish.
- 2 Yellow Plantains ripe
- 1 1/2 tsp Oil olive oil, avocado, or grapeseed oil
- Salt to taste and optional
First, rinse the plantains and dry them. Slice ripe plantains into ½-inch thick diagonal slices. Be sure all the plantains' slices are the same size and thickness for even air frying.
Place the sliced plantains into a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Gently toss until evenly coated.
Place the plantains in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to do two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer and the number of plantains you are using.
Finally, cook the plantains at 375 F for 5 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, flip plantains over, and continue cooking until browned and thoroughly cooked.
Remove and serve as a snack or side dish.
- This recipe is for sweet plantains and not green plantains or bananas.
- The cooking time will vary depending on the number of plantains used for your recipe, the thickness of the slices, and your air fryer features.
- No need to boil the plantains before air frying.
- There's no need to add sugar, the plantains are sweet.
- Serve this dish as a snack or side dish.
- Sweet plantains are delicious and addictive. Always make more.
Calories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 1gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 436mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 1009IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 3mgIron: 0.5mg
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.