Ground beef tacos are a classic Mexican dish that people of all ages love. They are also a great family meal because they are easy to make and can be customized to everyone’s liking. Whether you like your tacos simple with just ground beef, cheese, and lettuce, or you prefer to load them up with all sorts of toppings, there is a taco recipe out there for everyone.
Although I suffer from corn allergies, I know some of my followers would enjoy a good taco recipe. So I gathered some of the best recipes for you to try. The selection process was done by reading the recipes, ingredients, and instructions. With tacos, you can’t only rely on salt and pepper to season the meat; you need real seasonings and spices.
Table of Contents
Here are some of the delicious ground beef taco recipes that you’ll find in this blog post:
Tacos are a classic Mexican dish that people of all ages love. They are also a great family meal because they are easy to make and can be customized to everyone’s liking. Whether you like your tacos simple with just ground beef, cheese, and lettuce, or you prefer to load them up with all sorts of toppings, there is a taco recipe out there for everyone.
Here are 10 of the best ground beef taco recipes:
- Classic Ground Beef Tacos: This recipe is a simple but delicious take on the classic taco. It calls for just a few ingredients, including ground beef, taco seasoning, and your favorite toppings.
- Street Tacos: Street tacos are a popular type of taco that is typically made with smaller tortillas and served with a variety of toppings, such as salsa, guacamole, and pico de gallo. This recipe shows you how to make authentic street tacos at home.
- Fish Tacos: Fish tacos are a light and refreshing alternative to traditional ground beef tacos. This recipe calls for grilled fish, cabbage slaw, and a creamy chipotle sauce.
- Shrimp Tacos: Shrimp tacos are another delicious option for seafood lovers. This recipe calls for shrimp that are seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and garlic, and then grilled or pan-seared.
- Carnitas Tacos: Carnitas tacos are a Mexican specialty made with slow-cooked pork. This recipe shows you how to make carnitas tacos in your slow cooker at home.
- Al Pastor Tacos: Al pastor tacos are a type of taco made with marinated pork cooked on a vertical rotisserie. This recipe shows you how to make al pastor tacos at home using a grill or oven.
- Breakfast Tacos: Breakfast tacos are a great way to start your day off right. This recipe calls for eggs, bacon, cheese, and your favorite taco toppings.
- Korean Tacos: Korean tacos are a fusion dish that combines Korean flavors with traditional Mexican tacos. This recipe calls for ground beef that is seasoned with gochujang (Korean chili paste), sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- BBQ Chicken Tacos: BBQ chicken tacos are a delicious and easy way to enjoy BBQ chicken. This recipe calls for grilled chicken that is topped with your favorite BBQ sauce and taco toppings.
- Vegetarian Tacos: Vegetarian tacos are a great option for meatless eaters. This recipe calls for black beans, corn, and bell peppers that are seasoned with chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
Why Ground Beef Tacos Are a Favorite Family Meal
Ground beef tacos are a favorite family meal for a number of reasons. First, they are easy to make. Even young children can help out with tasks such as assembling the tacos and adding toppings. Second, tacos are customizable. Everyone can choose the toppings that they like, so there is no need to worry about picky eaters. Finally, tacos are delicious! The combination of ground beef, taco seasoning, and your favorite toppings is simply irresistible.
A Simple Seasoning to Use for Ground Beef Tacos
There are a number of different taco seasonings available on the market. However, it is also easy to make your own taco seasoning at home. Here is a simple recipe you can make that works great with ground turkey and ground beef:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
To make your own taco seasoning, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and store in an airtight container. This seasoning recipe is for 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef.
What are the Ingredients in Taco Shells?
Taco shells are typically made from corn flour, water, and salt. However, there are also a number of different gluten-free and vegan taco shells available. Make sure you read the packaging carefully because the tacos may be made in factories where they process nuts.
What makes a good taco?
A good taco is a delicious and satisfying combination of flavors and textures. The tortilla should be soft and slightly chewy, and the filling should be flavorful and juicy. The toppings should add complementary flavors and textures, and the overall taco should be easy to eat and hold together.
Here are some specific things that make a good taco:
- Fresh, high-quality ingredients: The quality of the ingredients used to make a taco makes a big difference in the taste. Use fresh, high-quality tortillas, meat, and vegetables.
- Well-seasoned meat: The meat in a taco should be well-seasoned with various spices. This will give the taco a complex and flavorful profile.
- Balanced toppings: The toppings on a taco should add complementary flavors and textures. For example, you might want to add a crunchy topping like chopped lettuce or cabbage, a creamy topping like guacamole or sour cream, and a spicy topping like salsa or hot sauce.
- A good tortilla: The tortilla is essential to a good taco. It should be soft and slightly chewy, and it should be able to hold the filling together without breaking.
Here are some additional tips for making a good taco:
- Cook the meat properly: The meat in a taco should be cooked through, but it should not be dry. If the meat is overcooked, it will be tough and chewy.
- Don’t overcrowd the taco: When assembling a taco, it’s important to not overcrowd it. Too much filling will make the taco difficult to eat and hold together.
- Serve immediately: Tacos are best served immediately after they are assembled. This will ensure that the tortilla is soft and the filling is warm.
What is the best ground beef lean-to-fat ratio for tacos?
The best ground beef lean to fat ratio for tacos is 80/20. This means that 80% of the meat is lean and 20% is fat. This ratio provides a good balance of flavor and juiciness. The fat helps to keep the meat moist and flavorful, while the lean meat provides protein and nutrients.
If you use a leaner ground beef, such as 90/10, the tacos may be drier and less flavorful. If you use a fattier ground beef, such as 70/30, the tacos may be greasy and heavy.
Of course, personal preference also plays a role in choosing the best ground beef for tacos. If you are looking for a healthier option, you may want to use a leaner ground beef. If you are looking for the most flavorful option, you may want to use a fattier ground beef.
Here are some tips for cooking ground beef for tacos:
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat until it is cooked through. Drain off any excess grease.
- Season the ground beef with your favorite taco seasoning. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Cook the ground beef until it is heated through.
- Serve the ground beef in tortillas with your favorite toppings.
How to Create Taco Family Night
Taco family night is a great way to get everyone together and enjoy a delicious and easy meal. Here are a few tips for creating a successful taco family night:
- Set up a taco bar with all of your favorite toppings. This way, everyone can choose the toppings that they like.
- Have a variety of taco shells available, including hard shells, soft shells, and corn tortillas.
- Serve a variety of sides with your tacos, such as rice, beans, and chips and salsa.
- Don’t forget the drinks!
Taco recipes topping ideas
Salsa: Salsa is a classic taco topping that adds freshness and flavor. There are many different types of salsa available, so you can choose one that you like. Here are a few popular options:
- Pico de gallo: This salsa is made with fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Salsa verde: This salsa is made with tomatillos, onions, cilantro, and jalapeños.
- Mango salsa: This salsa is made with mangoes, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Pineapple salsa: This salsa is made with pineapples, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice
- Guacamole: Guacamole is another popular taco topping that adds creaminess and flavor. It is made with avocados, lime juice, onions, cilantro, and salt.
- Sour cream: Sour cream adds creaminess and richness to tacos. It can also help to offset the heat of spicy toppings.
- Shredded cheese: Shredded cheese adds flavor and texture to tacos. Popular options include cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and Cotija cheese.
- Chopped lettuce: Chopped lettuce adds freshness and crunch to tacos.
- Chopped tomatoes: Chopped tomatoes add freshness and flavor to tacos.
- Chopped onions: Chopped onions add flavor and crunch to tacos.
- Chopped cilantro: Chopped cilantro adds freshness and flavor to tacos.
- Jalapeños: Jalapeños add heat to tacos. You can slice them thinly or add them whole.
- Other toppings: Other popular taco toppings include black beans, corn, pickled onions, and crumbled bacon.
Get creative and experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combinations. There are no rules when it comes to taco toppings!
Taco family night is a great way to enjoy a delicious and easy meal with your loved ones. So gather your family and friends and get ready to taco!